Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2001 Monte Real Rioja
Rioja is one of the few wine regions I actually know a bit about, outside of France. This might be the best Rioja I have ever tasted. You can taste the black cherry, spice and earthy tones. REALLY good. It is not cheap, you are looking at $35 to $50 a bottle if you can even find it. If you can find it, get it.

[Image: 76849.jpg]
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:Rioja is one of the few wine regions I actually know a bit about, outside of France. This might be the best Rioja I have ever tasted. You can taste the black cherry, spice and earthy tones. REALLY good. It is not cheap, you are looking at $35 to $50 a bottle if you can even find it. If you can find it, get it.

Roija is great and excellent values. You don't have to spend $35-50 to get great Roija. I can't give you specifics right now (I'm at work) but will give you some suggestions later today or tomorrow. I am a big fan of the primary grape in red Roija, tempranillo right now. If you like Roija you may also want to look for tempranillo for very similar qualities. The biggest variances will be with the region where the wine is from and the oak treatment. I think Roija must be in oak and than bottle for a period of time before release. If you like the flavor of he wine but the tannins are too much for you look for a tempranillo from Ca.
JDubb Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Rioja is one of the few wine regions I actually know a bit about, outside of France. This might be the best Rioja I have ever tasted. You can taste the black cherry, spice and earthy tones. REALLY good. It is not cheap, you are looking at $35 to $50 a bottle if you can even find it. If you can find it, get it.

Roija is great and excellent values. You don't have to spend $35-50 to get great Roija. I can't give you specifics right now (I'm at work) but will give you some suggestions later today or tomorrow. I am a big fan of the primary grape in red Roija, tempranillo right now. If you like Roija you may also want to look for tempranillo for very similar qualities. The biggest variances will be with the region where the wine is from and the oak treatment. I think Roija must be in oak and than bottle for a period of time before release. If you like the flavor of he wine but the tannins are too much for you look for a tempranillo from Ca.

Oh, I know a bunch of real good Cheaper Rioja's but this one is the best I have ever had.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2001 Monte Real Rioja Reserva Pete Nice 0 1,042 08-30-2009, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice