Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
I bought a 6 pack of this tonight. No reason other than it was the one that caught my eye. The first one tasted like tonic water, citrusy or something. Kind of surprised me at first. Has a really strong bite I guess. I like it though. I will be buying this again.

Any body else had this?
[Image: sierra-nevada-pale-ale1.jpg]
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.pintlog.com/2009/01/sierra-nevada-pale-ale-review.html">http://www.pintlog.com/2009/01/sierra-n ... eview.html</a><!-- m -->
I think I have had it but it has been a long time and I do not remember it. I do know it has a rather large fanboy following.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:I think I have had it but it has been a long time and I do not remember it. I do know it has a rather large fanboy following.

Oh, that sucks. I thought I was being original. I don't like to be in the fan boy club. Confusedwoot:
I've had it but it is too hoppy for my taste like most IPAs.
Hated it. Couldn't finish a glass of it. Someone told me it was like NewCastle. It is not.
Joe Wrote:Hated it. Couldn't finish a glass of it. Someone told me it was like NewCastle. It is not.

:roflmao: not even close.
JDubb Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Hated it. Couldn't finish a glass of it. Someone told me it was like NewCastle. It is not.

I hated it so much I wanted to fight the waitress for bringing it. It was like drinking a Christmas tree
I am always surprised how many people go for the super hoppy beers.
JDubb Wrote:I am always surprised how many people go for the super hoppy beers.

Everyone I work with likes hoppy beers. I was starting to think that I had bad taste in beer.
Joe Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:

I hated it so much I wanted to fight the waitress for bringing it. It was like drinking a Christmas tree
I have never tried to drink a Christmas tree.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
This is my observation and have no scientific proof but I have noticed new/young/inexperienced beer drinkers gravitate to more hoppy beers once they graduate from Miller lite. Not sure why, it may be they have discover that beer can have flavor and can taste different than urine.
I am not a fan of this beer. I've had this one and one other IPA, both were horrible.
I actually like the SN Pale. I would put it more in the ESB class of beer (Extra Special Bitters) than a Pale Ale due to the hoppy taste of the beer.

I'm not a huge fan of IPA (India Pale Ale) which are very heavy on the hops. It is an acquired taste. Try as I might, I just have a hard time getting through the bitter.

My favorite of this class of beer (remember that I put it in the ESB class more than the Pale Ale class) is Red Hook ESB. It doesn't have nearly as much hop flavor and what is there doesn't have nearly as long a final note.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
Pokes28 Wrote:I actually like the SN Pale. I would put it more in the ESB class of beer (Extra Special Bitters) than a Pale Ale due to the hoppy taste of the beer.

I'm not a huge fan of IPA (India Pale Ale) which are very heavy on the hops. It is an acquired taste. Try as I might, I just have a hard time getting through the bitter.

My favorite of this class of beer (remember that I put it in the ESB class more than the Pale Ale class) is Red Hook ESB. It doesn't have nearly as much hop flavor and what is there doesn't have nearly as long a final note.
[Image: confused-baby.bmp]