Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In 20 years....
Tech is moving fast. Got any predictions of how things will be in the future?
I got a few guesses.

Nobody will be using home phones.
Newspapers and magazines will become obsolete.
Ever see "minority report"? I bet advertising becomes like that.
They start charging for the internet like cable. Like $150/mo
Your car insurance company makes you put a chip in your car that moniters your driving habits. My ins. (progressive) already offered me 30% off if i agreed to do it :crank:
Can't buy anymore AR-15's

And finally, Pete will still be talking about wine and hockey Big Grin :poke:
negadave Wrote:Nobody will be using home phones.

I don't have a home phone, never have. When we bought our house we were barely ever home. I worked 12 hour shifts and Jim worked nights... and we live 45 minutes of Winnipeg... Cell phones were the way to go. Jim's parents got rid of their home phone last year and they save at least $75/month.

negadave Wrote:Newspapers and magazines will become obsolete.

I just don't see this happening. I make money off of recyclables and a lot of it comes from paper and cardboard. Even now with the internet I have 5 feet tall plastic recycle bins and they are overflowing sometimes with newsprint.
Cell Phones will be chips in our heads.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:Cell Phones will be chips in our heads.
C&R will broadcast from the moon.
Nussie_T Wrote:
negadave Wrote:Newspapers and magazines will become obsolete.

I just don't see this happening. I make money off of recyclables and a lot of it comes from paper and cardboard. Even now with the internet I have 5 feet tall plastic recycle bins and they are overflowing sometimes with newsprint.

I like to watch ABC world news. If i go on the internet before it comes on, i've already seen all the stuff they're gonna cover. Same with the paper. By the time they print it and get it out everybody's already seen it.
Sure it's a tradition type thing to old people , but in 20 years.....
I only read my local weekly newspaper.
We turned off our home phone about 5 yrs ago!!!
 - I’m a loner, Dottie, a rebel.
I got rid of my home phone years ago. I was hardly home to answer it. Getting rid of it was one less bill.

In 20 years, things like recycling will be pushed heavier as there is a huge push to conserve what we haven't already destroyed.

Homes will be automated as a standard, not as an option. Everything is going to be linked through your cell phone. From the garage door to your bills.

Finger print technology will take off as the best form of security around.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
I never had a home phone since living on my own.

Cable and interweb is already close to $150mo depending on the mmmmpackage.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
Every kid born will get a chip in their head.

CDs, DVDs, and Bluerays will no longer be on shelves because of downloading.

Gas will be over $10 gal.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
the keifer Wrote:Gas will be over $10 gal.

UGH! Good thing we'll be able to use our garbage for fuel
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!

no worries...

[Image: 40-mr_fusion.jpg]
Hondo Wrote:

no worries...

[Image: 40-mr_fusion.jpg]

That only poweres the flux capacitor. The engine still runs on regular, unleaded gasoline.

Seriously thought, I'm ready for the car that runs on water.
Home entertainment centers and video games will be serious virtual reality. You'll literally be in the game / movie.
I HATE PIE!!
hybrids and hydrogen fueled cars are the only ones sold as new, there will be no more fossil fueled cars......ok maybe diesel

no more "cable" tv.....everything will be based of the internet

pro sports are gonna devolve, and people aren't gonna watch anymore......

the worlds economy will completely collapse, and each continent will have their own united currency

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  20 years from now on the Jersey Shore Brian 7 2,960 08-26-2009, 09:49 PM
Last Post: JDubb