Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For Sale
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:The single car garage is a deal breaker. I'll pass.
I need at least a 3, a 4 would be perfect
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
$190 per month in HOA fees! Damn! Mine are $800 a year and we have a lake, pool, baseball fields, Tennis courts, volleyball courts, parks, gaurd gate, etc.
The condo I'm buying is 2 bed, 2 bath, 2 car garage, built in 2006. And, I know it's not near NYC, it's only near Detroit, and it's probably not nearly as big, but mine is a tiny fraction of that price.
And my association fees are $110 a month, and was some of the cheapest I found. Water is included, and I don't have any of that extra stuff Joe has. Some include water and gas. Some have the club houses. Some even cover the taxes. Some of the places I looked at had fees up around $600 a month, but seeing as how I'm not going to use any of that stuff, and I don't want to pay that much, I passed.
My Dad and Stepmom lived in some place on the front range of Colorado, before they moved back here (S.W. Kansas).

Loveland CO. Lake front to the east, mountain range to the west. Mt. Everest was a half day round trip. I went there for Christmas when sadaam hussien got caught, or executed. I don't remember which. It was condo style, gated community with security dudes.

They paid 1700 a month rent at the time. I'm not sure on the fees and whatever else. My Dad hated it. He had a 97 dodge diesel truck, my step mom drove a 03 cherokee. they also had a beat up old jeep in the drive way. Everybody else was rolling in hummers, vettes, etc...

This condo they lived in was a peice of shit. Construction on these new properties are crappy. the stair banisters busted, you could see the drywall seperating. Shit like that.

I'm pretty sure Covino's pad is the same as those multi produced "model homes".
It seems to me that condo style housing like Covino's looks great, but it doesn't last, turns into multi dwelling slums, or gets demolished.

Negadave, Brian in NY, (or other guys in the construction business). Am I on the right track? Even the model homes in new developments go down within 20 years it seems.

I bought a 80 year old brick house, and have dropped 15 grand on it so far. This has actually doubled what I paid already.
Where and how does someone find this?
-POKES WEARS SWOCKS!-

C & R Got FAAAAME! <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.covinoandrich.com">http://www.covinoandrich.com</a><!-- m -->
Covino Wrote:Where and how does someone find this?

Covino has a spy in his midst. Not sure if that is swoot, or sweet though.
LeNeve Wrote:My Dad and Stepmom lived in some place on the front range of Colorado, before they moved back here (S.W. Kansas).

Loveland CO. Lake front to the east, mountain range to the west. Mt. Everest was a half day round trip. I went there for Christmas when sadaam hussien got caught, or executed. I don't remember which. It was condo style, gated community with security dudes.

They paid 1700 a month rent at the time. I'm not sure on the fees and whatever else. My Dad hated it. He had a 97 dodge diesel truck, my step mom drove a 03 cherokee. they also had a beat up old jeep in the drive way. Everybody else was rolling in hummers, vettes, etc...

This condo they lived in was a peice of shit. Construction on these new properties are crappy. the stair banisters busted, you could see the drywall seperating. Shit like that.

No Covino's pad is nice, I have been there, solid construction from what I saw.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]

Big Fan has posted pictures of the actual townhouse community before, so he know where Covino lives. From there it's simple, you just have to look at the MLS listings. As soon as a house goes for sale, it has to be listed on the MLS and all info is on the internet. Simple. Even without the address all he had to do was look in the MLS for Union and break down the search to townhouses, then just page through them. I would assume there are less than 100 townhouses for sale in Union right now, not hard at all.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:My Dad and Stepmom lived in some place on the front range of Colorado, before they moved back here (S.W. Kansas).

No Covino's pad is nice, I have been there, solid construction from what I saw.

Right. They seem solid, and look wonderful. Throw a bunch of babies, toddlers, and grade school kids, in the mix. My sister and her kids were there too. 4 kids under 6. 2 kids (my bro, and sis, 10, and 8.) They did some damage easily. Not thier fault, just shitty construction. My Dad concurred.
Whenever i buy something used, the first question i ask is, " Why are you selling it"?

Also i got 2 JL 10's, a JL amp, and about 800 rounds of 7.62x39 up for grabs. :wink:
LeNeve Wrote:It seems to me that condo style housing like Covino's looks great, but it doesn't last, turns into multi dwelling slums, or gets demolished.

Negadave, Brian in NY, (or other guys in the construction business). Am I on the right track? Even the model homes in new developments go down within 20 years it seems.
You are correct. Build them fast and cheap, sell them fast and expensive.
Pete Nice Wrote:

Big Fan has posted pictures of the actual townhouse community before, so he know where Covino lives. From there it's simple, you just have to look at the MLS listings. As soon as a house goes for sale, it has to be listed on the MLS and all info is on the internet. Simple. Even without the address all he had to do was look in the MLS for Union and break down the search to townhouses, then just page through them. I would assume there are less than 100 townhouses for sale in Union right now, not hard at all.

Pete will bill you at the end of the month for this analysis... :poke:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!

How many other homes in your area have a Terminator head?
Brian in NY Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:It seems to me that condo style housing like Covino's looks great, but it doesn't last, turns into multi dwelling slums, or gets demolished.

You are correct. Build them fast and cheap, sell them fast and expensive.

My place is mint and is in the same condition as when I bought it. It's a shame I have to sell this GEM at such a low price. Let's see your super sweet and sturdy pad.
-POKES WEARS SWOCKS!-

C & R Got FAAAAME! <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.covinoandrich.com">http://www.covinoandrich.com</a><!-- m -->