Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birthday vacation
Pokes28 Wrote:I've pretty much shelved going on a cruise. Just not enough enticement for me. If I use my frequent flyer miles, I'll end up spending 50K FFM and then add in another $300 per person for a 4 day cruise. Then another $200 in tips then costs of excursions, etc. We are talking spending a lot for what amounts to a long weekend boat ride that goes to Mexico and comes right back.

Now I'm thinking about Europe. For 80K miles I can go to Berlin, Paris, Madrid, etc. I can get a hotel for relatively cheap (well under $100 a night) since it is off season. Travel there on Thursday, spend Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights and fly home on Monday. Have a great, memorable 3 day weekend in a foreign land. Food, travel while there, etc will in no way cost anywhere close to what the cruise will run me. The only difference is I won't be out in the sun.

That sounds awesome.
We went to Europe this past summer & it was awesome! We visited London, Bath, Scotland, Paris. Once you get over there, the flights are relatively cheap to jump over to different places like Scotland, Italy, Ireland, etc. You will never forget it fo sho! I also recommend St. Thomas/St. John down in the USVI and go all inclusive!!!
 - I’m a loner, Dottie, a rebel.
I've been to Europe a few times (England 3 times, Ireland twice, Belgium, Paris, Amsterdam). I just don't know which would make the most sense for a long weekend. If we go Paris, we can finish it up as I really needed more time there this past summer.

We are planning on Italy in 2012 and possibly Brazil in 2014 during the World Cup.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
Pokes28 Wrote:I've been to Europe a few times (England 3 times, Ireland twice, Belgium, Paris, Amsterdam). I just don't know which would make the most sense for a long weekend. If we go Paris, we can finish it up as I really needed more time there this past summer.

We are planning on Italy in 2012 and possibly Brazil in 2014 during the World Cup.

We are going to Brazil in 2014 for the WC also. One of my best friends is Brazilian and his family is rich, they have a HUGE beach house and several cars there, so we will have no housing or rental car expenses which is SWEET. I think we are going for two weeks.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
[Image: nsmb-mushroom-1up.jpg&t=1]
Chip Wrote:[Image: nsmb-mushroom-1up.jpg&t=1]

:roflmao: :roflmao:

1up awareness 5 :high5:
About to load up the bags to start the trip. Thank God that the timing looks to be in our favor. We fly out of Springfield, MO tomorrow. Go to Chicago O'Hare (back up and running now) and on to Paris where we land Friday morning.

Tina, I apologize in advance if I wake you with BB pics of Paris during the wee hours of the night.

BTW, it was funny seeing you ask Zito if he was gay on Twitter.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
Pokes28 Wrote:Tina, I apologize in advance if I wake you with BB pics of Paris during the wee hours of the night.

I learnt my lesson, I turn it on to phone only now before I go to bed. Feel free to send messages as you wish!

Pokes28 Wrote:BTW, it was funny seeing you ask Zito if he was gay on Twitter.

I really didn't mean to do it. I swear I read "If I was in a tv show I'd be the really hot girl"...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Planning this year's vacation Pokes28 11 5,451 03-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Last Post: Joe
  Caribbean Vacation - Experiences cekada 2 2,180 08-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Last Post: JDubb