Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birthday vacation
I've been working on trying to come up with something "cool" for my wife and I to do for her 40th birthday in early Feb.

I want to get away from the cold so i've considered going to the Dominican again or a 4 day cruise. The cruises seem like a better deal except from what I understand they tend to nickle and dime you to death and it ends up not being as great a deal as it would seem.

Thoughts or different ideas?
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
When it comes to cruises, the one I went on... My expenses consisted of beverages, souvenirs and excursions. There were a ton of free activities to choose from and a variety prices for the excursions. My trip was free (including the airfare) and my only costs came to about $150 or so. I loved it.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
visit the nearest cemetery, you've already got 1 foot in already
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Skiing at Vail.

I'm not much for cruises. Being trapped in a floating hotel isn't my steeze. I guess it depends on what she likes to do. Ideally it's something you'd both dig. The best gift is one that you get to enjoy just as much.
Hondo Wrote:Skiing at Vail.

I'm not much for cruises. Being trapped in a floating hotel isn't my steeze. I guess it depends on what she likes to do. Ideally it's something you'd both dig. The best gift is one that you get to enjoy just as much.

Never skied before, but I got a pair of skis over the summer. At some point this winter I'll be laying at home in a body cast.
You should take her to Pittsburgh.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:You should take her to Pittsburgh.
You just want to :atm: .
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
Joe In PA Wrote:

Never skied before, but I got a pair of skis over the summer. At some point this winter I'll be laying at home in a body cast.
Roundtop isn't too far from you.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
Aint no way in hell I go to Pittsburgh in early February. That would be a summer trip.
the keifer Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:

Roundtop isn't too far from you.

I think that's the plan the girlfriend has.
I've pretty much shelved going on a cruise. Just not enough enticement for me. If I use my frequent flyer miles, I'll end up spending 50K FFM and then add in another $300 per person for a 4 day cruise. Then another $200 in tips then costs of excursions, etc. We are talking spending a lot for what amounts to a long weekend boat ride that goes to Mexico and comes right back.

Now I'm thinking about Europe. For 80K miles I can go to Berlin, Paris, Madrid, etc. I can get a hotel for relatively cheap (well under $100 a night) since it is off season. Travel there on Thursday, spend Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights and fly home on Monday. Have a great, memorable 3 day weekend in a foreign land. Food, travel while there, etc will in no way cost anywhere close to what the cruise will run me. The only difference is I won't be out in the sun.
I know a guy that went to Europe and he thought Prague was so awesome that he keeps going back yearly.
I was just going to say, Prague in the winter is supposed to be the SHIZBAMSNAPPY!!!!!

My parents went in the late fall early winter a few years back and loved it.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
:eek: Pete thought something I said was good! :happy:
Pete Nice Wrote:I was just going to say, Prague in the winter is supposed to be the SHIZBAMSNAPPY!!!!!

My parents went in the late fall early winter a few years back and loved it.
Prague is defiantly on my must visit list.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Planning this year's vacation Pokes28 11 5,451 03-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Last Post: Joe
  Caribbean Vacation - Experiences cekada 2 2,180 08-05-2009, 08:41 PM
Last Post: JDubb