Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9/11 Where were you that day?
I was in college, getting ready for class and i went into the living room to watch tv because i had a bit of time. Every channel was showing the same thing. I can't remember if I saw the second plane hit or not, it may have already hit and all I saw was replays of it. I went to class and we also discussed what the repercussions would be for Canada, but from a financial point of view since it was a finance course. I remember talking about it but I don't know what was said, but I knew that I'd never forget that day.

It mattered a lot to Canadians, many flights were diverted to Canadian cities that day and many Canadians helped those travellers stuck here. not only that, 9/11 was close to home, even if it happened in a different country, no one wants to see that happen to innocent people. back then our economy was tied very closely with the US, which is not the case any more so much.
I was substitute teaching that day. After home room, I reported to In School Suspension. I headed out and grabbed breakfast and started to hear about the 1st tower. The 2nd plane hit while I was going back to class. Ended up staying in home room and watching the whole thing happen by myself. Was really weird sitting there and no one walking around while I was there. I walked out in the hallways just to see other people and you could see it in the kids and the teachers how much it affected people.

Never will forget it.
In college getting out of my first class walking past the computer lab. Saw a bunch of people standing in front of the TV in the lab. Got back to my room and my roommates had the TV on. Went to the rest of my classes that day, but all we did was either watch it on TV or talk about it.
I had just finished showering when my wife called to tell me to turn on the TV. She was still working for a national news outlet and they were in full crisis mode. I dropped off my kids at school and drove into work. I remember as I drove how freaky it was to see all the commercial and military aircraft on the sky, all heading to the MSP to land.

When I got to work my boss called a meeting with everyone to try to calm everyones fears. I was working for the cable company providing Internet service. Our leadership got together to come up with a strategy of how to keep providing both Internet an cable tv going to out customers. The phone lines were jammed so people were relying on Internet and email to contact their family in NY, DC and the entire east coast.

A day I will never forget.
I was just waking up for work and the local radio station djs were yelling to turn on a TV. I flipped it on to see what was going on... Holy shit, some wacko flew into a building! I got ready for and I think i was in the car when the 2nd one hit. We had a tv at work, so I took a coat hanger and jimmyed an antennae, we all just stood there watching the madness. That was one day where the boss said nothing to people for slacking on their job. We were all in just a state of shock. I remember noticing how eerie is was with no planes in the air. My store even took up a collection to give to Red Cross ( I remember that, because the very next morning some nut job tried to mug me)
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Just getting out of the car to go in work and heard..got in the office told the receptionist that a plane went into one of the twin towers...she was like "what are the twin towers?" went and turned on the TV and saw the second plane hit...I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Our bosses told us to go home b/c at that point no one knew what or where things were going to happen...I just remember the days following how silent it was outside...no planes....just silence.... I was glued to the History Channel on Saturday, next year if you can watch it...there was so much stuff that I didn't know. They had it from all points of view of that day...air traffic control, witnesses, people staying in the hotel next to the towers, survivors, Firemen, etc.
I was glass beading engine parts, at a machine shop. I was 22 years old, my boss came and told me we were under attack, and I needed to go to the break room. I thought he was talking about wasps, ants, or some other kind of insect that got in the shop, so I kept working. I heard what was going on, on the radio. Went to the break room, where all 6 of us sat, and, watched it on tv the rest of the day. On my 60 mile drive home the roads were empty, it was such a lonely feeling. I went to my mom's, then to the bar, and drank with old dudes while watching the coverage.

I'm in the smack fucking middle of the country. The day this bullshit happened, my workplace stopped. We were glued to the fucking tv the whole day. I drove home in a daze, wondering why there were no trucks on the road, no airplanes in the sky, and no music, or laughter on the radio.

I tried to make sense of this mess, and I couldn't. My Stepdad was prepping his guns, counting bullets, loading bullets, and basically training all of us for the battle that is coming.

My Mom was on the couch like that episode of south park.

I'm so glad my kids were not terrorized at that time, by these fuck heads.

I can't even imagine how you guys out East were dealing with it. It had to be way worse than the feelings I was having, and the feelings I felt, were hopeless and extremely depressing. I didn't even feel anger, or vengance for 3-4 days.

I felt fairly secure out here in Southwest Kansas, but still had that uncertantity. I never gave a shit about any part of the country unless it was within a 400 mile radius of me, until that day.
LeNeve Wrote:I can't even imagine how you guys out East were dealing with it. It had to be way worse than the feelings I was having, and the feelings I felt, were hopeless and extremely depressing. I didn't even feel anger, or vengance for 3-4 days.
Being here in Pa, It was kinda scary when it was happening. Flight 93 crashed 2hrs west from here. And who knows where that fight was headed to. The Pentagon is 2hrs south and New York is around 4 hrs northeast from here. So it all pretty much happened all around us here.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
I was a station operations manager in Mt. Vernon, IL. and was in my office when one of my drivers called me. I went home and grabbed a tv and brought back to the office.
My wife was in a Allentown, Pa. on business that week with 3 other woman & on the day before 9/11 they considered driving over to NYC for the night, but chose Philly instead. Well after the disaster, they all had to keep the rental car(since air travel was shut down) and drive back to Allentown then drove all the way to Chicago for another week of business. It was even more difficult for us because during that time we couldn't be together & since our son was only 4 at the time and mana missed her baby. We couldn't all be together until 1.5 weeks after 9/11......super swoot time!!!
 - I’m a loner, Dottie, a rebel.
the keifer Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I can't even imagine how you guys out East were dealing with it. It had to be way worse than the feelings I was having, and the feelings I felt, were hopeless and extremely depressing. I didn't even feel anger, or vengance for 3-4 days.
Being here in Pa, It was kinda scary when it was happening. Flight 93 crashed 2hrs west from here. And who knows where that fight was headed to. The Pentagon is 2hrs south and New York is around 4 hrs northeast from here. So it all pretty much happened all around us here.

I was pretty freaked out when they said one crashed in Somerset.. it's only an hour from where I was