Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9-9-10 Thursday...I'm very tired today.
Brian in NY Wrote:Leneve, do you work on Ford Escape Hybrids much? The one a drive at work has the check engine light flashing and is misfiring. It won't go over 50 mph either. Any ideas?

None at all. I've never even seen one. You are even supposed to have all kinds of special tools and safety equiptment to work on them. We dont have any of the stuff. If someone breaks down around here with a hybrid they are screwed.
Screw it, it's not my car anyway.
LeNeve Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:Leneve, do you work on Ford Escape Hybrids much? The one a drive at work has the check engine light flashing and is misfiring. It won't go over 50 mph either. Any ideas?

None at all. I've never even seen one. You are even supposed to have all kinds of special tools and safety equiptment to work on them. We dont have any of the stuff. If someone breaks down around here with a hybrid they are screwed.

I thought you worked for a Ford dealer.
Brian in NY Wrote:Screw it, it's not my car anyway.

Just tell them to change the batteries and stop trying to be tree hugging hippies.
Its possible its having a trans issue......10b15 might cover it.
Joe In PA Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:

I thought you worked for a Ford dealer.

Hybrids are not a big seller in farm country. At all. We could probaly figure it out if one came through here. It would just take longer, because we would have to look at the service manual the whole time. .
Brampton Wrote:
Is there a way to turn the key to find out the error code?
Brian in NY Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Nope.....take it to the dealer......how many K's on it
Brampton Wrote:

That might be it too. It is kind of impossible to tell without hooking up the diagnostic computer these days, on pretty much anything.
Brampton Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
80,000 miles
Brian in NY Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:Its possible its having a trans issue......10b15 might cover it.
80,000 miles
flashing means misfire...sorry.......possible bad coil, or plug?
Snookie said "in court" she's "too hot" to be sent to jail.............. Wtf

she looks like a little pig......"too hot" ...... :barf:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

I bought one of those code readers. Fuck the dealer. Those motherfuckers charge you at least $80 just to read the code, fucking rip off.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
The vehicles are supplied by a contractor and getting shit fixed is a pain in the ass so I'm waiting to hear back from our vehicle coordinator.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

I bought one of those code readers. Fuck the dealer. Those motherfuckers charge you at least $80 just to read the code, fucking rip off.
whaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thursday 02/23/17: Party Chip 6 1,017 07-17-2021, 05:10 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Thursday, November 7th 2019 - Big Day (Again) Joe 14 33 11-10-2019, 06:36 AM
Last Post: NussieT
  thursday Jan 5, 2012.....well done Eddie Brampton 237 5,593 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Thursday, Sept 29 / Friday, Sept 30, 2016 Beckster 2 643 09-29-2016, 03:55 PM
  Thursday, September 22, 2016 ~ Friday Eve Beckster 0 497 09-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  Thursday 09/15/16: Manbearpig Chip 1 554 09-16-2016, 09:27 AM
  Thursday, September 1, 2016 ~ Preschool Beckster 15 1,025 09-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Thursday, August 25, 2016 ~ Yawns Beckster 1 460 08-25-2016, 02:00 PM
  Thursday, August 18, 2016 ~ 3 weeks Beckster 11 1,231 08-18-2016, 03:54 PM
  Thursday, August 11, 2016 ~ Drama Beckster 42 3,758 08-11-2016, 04:08 PM