Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oregon
Any of you guys ever been out to the portland area? How is is?

I know a local chick that got transfered out there for her insurance job like 2 years ago. She's back here on vacation now, and trying to get me to go back with her and be her roomate.

Not liking where i'm living, Really thinking i should get out of construction, no kids, no wife, no mortgauge...

Do it? or would it be a really bad move?
Do it. I have made off the cuff decisions, and most of the time they paid off.
I have a good friend out there. He says it is pretty dope, other than moss growing all over his house, and cars.
I was in Portland on my bike trip. Lots of cool bars and the city itself looked pretty cool to me. Only down sides I saw were dramatically higher prices for everything and lots of hippies.
Do it. Portland is a great town. There are great bars and microbrews all over plus world class wine within 30 minutes. It is consistently listed as one of the best places to live.
I met my friends brother in law from Oregon just last night.
When he got drunk, he went on to tell me that pretty much every girl in Oregon is a whore. And in strip clubs, you don't get lap dances, you just get blow jobs.
So...
Chip Wrote:I met my friends brother in law from Oregon just last night.
When he got drunk, he went on to tell me that pretty much every girl in Oregon is a whore. And in strip clubs, you don't get lap dances, you just get blow jobs.
So...
Sounds like I'm moving to Oregon.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
i bleed green Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I met my friends brother in law from Oregon just last night.
So...
Sounds like I'm moving to Oregon.

He was pretty drunk.
I'm not going to put much faith in him, but I guess it's worth a shot.
Portland is great. It's a beautiful area, the city is clean and it's got a lot of cool bars. I spent 2 weeks out there in 2006 and I didn't want to come home. When the weather was pushing 100 in Maryland it was like 70 in Portland which made it even better.

At least go out thre for a week and give it a shot.
One thing I also noticed though is it's foggy and overcast until noon. Every day.

The bars and clubs are awesome though.
Thanks for the advice guys. Finding a job is the main concern. Really hard to pull the trigger, i'm thinking about it....
I have a good bud who lives there...I can hook you up with him if you need specific info
Hondo Wrote:I have a good bud who lives there...I can hook you up with him if you need specific info
Yea, that girl's been out there for awhile so i'm in with her.

I just got all my connections are here. If my car breaks down and i need a tow, call my buddy any time of day and i'm set. Need help on a job, got like 5 people i could call. Looking for work, 10 dudes i could talk to to get something going. Need a place to stay 8 people'd say come on over. Need help moving 4 trucks there in an hour. I could keep going, but you get it.

I'm makin like $900 a week and i think i'd be nuts to walk away from that, but there's no health ins., 401k, pension,sick days, vaca time. One mistep and i'm fallin 30ft and i'm fucked. And the immigrants are bidding jobs so low you can't compete any more, and the housing market doesn't look too good right now

I gotta make a change i think. :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: Sorry
Is that chick hot? Because if she is then your answer should be obvious
Hondo Wrote:Is that chick hot? Because if she is then your answer should be obvious
Big Grin The simplest answer is always the best. If she was that hot i'd already be out there. Your a wise man Hondo

I'm gonna stay put at least through the winter.

I looked around on the interweb too, they said it's a verry high gay population, real artsy, and there's alot of dope heads.

Sounds weak.