Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kick Ass
Has anyone seen this one?

wikipedia Wrote:Kick-Ass is a 2010 superhero film based on the comic book of the same name by Mark Millar and John Romita, Jr. The film was directed by Matthew Vaughn, who co-produced the film with actor Brad Pitt, and co-wrote the screenplay with Jane Goldman. The film's general release was on 26 March 2010 in the United Kingdom and on 16 April 2010 in the United States.

The film tells the story of an ordinary teenager, who sets out to become a real-life superhero calling himself Kick-Ass. Dave gets caught up in a bigger fight when he meets Big Daddy, a former cop who, in his quest to bring down the evil drug lord Frank D'Amico, has trained his 10-year-old daughter to be the ruthless vigilante Hit-Girl.

Now, I love action and violence, but this movie made me squeamish. And I wondered if anyone has seen it and felt the same way.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
I was surprised how much I liked this movie. I went in with very low expectations and was impressed with the flick.
I've seen it.
And yes, I recomend it.
Even with Cage in it, it's a lot better then I thought it'd be.
The scene where the little girl is killing everone, with that music, it's awesome.
See, I liked it, but for some reason watching that little girl doing all the stuff and what happened to her really bothered me. I actually was flinching during the scenes that she was in. It was weird, I've never felt like that during a movie.

knightryda fell asleep during it, but asked how it was the next morning and I was at a loss. He said that he heard other people with the same reaction as me.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:See, I liked it, but for some reason watching that little girl doing all the stuff and what happened to her really bothered me. I actually was flinching during the scenes that she was in. It was weird, I've never felt like that during a movie.

knightryda fell asleep during it, but asked how it was the next morning and I was at a loss. He said that he heard other people with the same reaction as me.

It was weird. And messed up.
But, I kinda like that, I guess I'm weird and messed up too.
Chip Wrote:I've seen it.
And yes, I recomend it.
Even with Cage in it, it's a lot better then I thought it'd be.
The scene where the little girl is killing everone, with that music, it's awesome.

Next to The Rock, it was the best movie I have ever seen Cage do.
I HATE PIE!!
Chip Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:See, I liked it, but for some reason watching that little girl doing all the stuff and what happened to her really bothered me. I actually was flinching during the scenes that she was in. It was weird, I've never felt like that during a movie.

It was weird. And messed up.
But, I kinda like that, I guess I'm weird and messed up too.

I wasn't prepared to be so bothered by that, I guess. Shoot em up had that baby being tossed around and that didn't bother me. Maybe, it's because she looked like one of my nieces.
I HATE PIE!!
A friend had some people over last Friday and he downloads every new movie, so he put this on. I was not able to hear everything said and probably missed a few parts, but I liked it a lot. Like JDubb, I went in with low expectations.

I am not sure why you felt weird Beckster, that girl is 12 years old, she just looks younger. I though her action scenes were amazing actually. I posted about it on Facebook, and I am serious about this, I want a daughter now so I can train her to be like Hit Girl. My wife is not very excited about that idea of mine, so I will have to keep it on the DL until we actually have a daughter. I am not joking.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:A friend had some people over last Friday and he downloads every new movie, so he put this on. I was not able to hear everything said and probably missed a few parts, but I liked it a lot. Like JDubb, I went in with low expectations.

I am not sure why you felt weird Beckster, that girl is 12 years old, she just looks younger. I though her action scenes were amazing actually. I posted about it on Facebook, and I am serious about this, I want a daughter now so I can train her to be like Hit Girl. My wife is not very excited about that idea of mine, so I will have to keep it on the DL until we actually have a daughter. I am not joking.

Watching that guy beat the shit out of her just bothered me. I can't explain it any other way. I liked the movie, don't get me wrong. But seeing this little girl brutally massacring those thugs in one sense was cool as hell, but in another, it bugged me. Fuck... I better not be preggers!!
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I better not be preggers!!
Well, you're definitely being dramatic.
Brian in NY Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I better not be preggers!!
Well, you're definitely being dramatic.

:finger:
I HATE PIE!!
I loved it and can't wait until my daughter is that KICK ASS!!...........although the little girl did curse alot.
Covino: "I am awesome because, I have a hate site and a fan site!"
Covino: "IF THIS IS CLOUT, RICH IS PINK ..KID KELLY IS BLUE :doggystyle"
Just saw this tonight, and it lived up to the title.
You don't wanna fuck with Hitgirl.
I won't give it just a watch. I'll give it a must watch so go see it if you haven't yet.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I wasn't prepared to be so bothered by that, I guess.

I thought that little girl kicking everybody's ass was funny. Obviously not realistic, but that's what made it funny. You been watching too many little kid movies bekster. ;-) ....I was wondering why she was trying to fist fight the guy though.

I was pretty suprised how graphic the end of " inglorious bastards " was
Saw it a couple days ago, great movie. Had it all action, comedy and kickass's cute girlfriend...... I give it a thumbs up