Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UFC 117 Silva Vs. Sonnen
Wow! That was the scariest fight you've ever seen if you're a Silva fan. He was 10 seconds away from losing a 50-45 5 round decision. Didn't come close to winning a single round. Then suddenly, drops a triangle choke and then finished with an arm bar.

Have to give Sonnen a lot of credit. He didn't sell shit or make excuses. He just apologized about losing.

Any thoughts?

And thank God "Big Country" got his ass handed to him lol
I am a Silva fan ( I'm not sure why) but anyways, he was getting his ass handed to him hard, but what an end to the fight. Part of me thinks that he could have pulled off the triangle earlier in the fight but for whatever reason didn't. Did it seem like Sonnen tapped but as soon as Silva released him he started fighting again? Does this mean that wrestling can almost beat jiu jitsu?

Big country didn't stand a chance against dos Santos but man can he take some punishment.
I will have to see the fight to make a better comment on them. I like Silva, too, but I would liked to have seen him get his bell rung a little too... Only he was getting too cocky and ridiculous. Sounds I missed a good fight night.. I am bummed....

We drove by a Hooters in Traverse City last night and I slowed down, so we could see some of it.. more like a split second. Hadn't it been for a little girl passed out in the backseat, I would have stopped to watch.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sonnen vs Silva Beckster 12 6,006 07-16-2012, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Beckster