Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live Performances
Carrrie Underwood - I'll Stand By You

[youtube]Hcg3IZPPyhc[/youtube]
Joe In PA Wrote:One of my all time favorite live acoustic performances.
[youtube]6IjUtejhUZM[/youtube]
That entire show was awesome. I like em all, but "nutshell" and "brother" are the ones that stand out to me.
You can really feel the emotion in that performance.

Not mind blasting, but it's still pretty cool seeing these guys cover this
[youtube]L8L4xxXhEv8[/youtube]
Go ahead and make fun of me, but i like this one too
[youtube]i1GmxMTwUgs[/youtube]
And to try and redeem myself,
[youtube]R-JbPAn-puo[/youtube] This band is awesome live. The drummer is sick. (2:50) :rock:
negadave Wrote:Go ahead and make fun of me, but i like this one too
[youtube]i1GmxMTwUgs[/youtube]

Her music is awesome. There's something relaxing about it.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:[Image: dropkick-murphys.jpg]

That's not a performance Peter.

No but it is a cool as fucking shit motherfucking logo. :rock: :rock:

Joe, why are you making me agree with a Pens fan here?
Dropkick Murphys are 1 of my top 3 bands.
I've got a DKM hockey jersey, I love it.
Chip Wrote:Joe, why are you making me agree with a Pens fan here?

I don't see it Chip. I just don't see what's so great about this band. Sounds like good partying\drinking music, but to rank them up there with Pink Floyd, Alice In Chains, etc is just wrong.
Joe In PA Wrote:

I don't see it Chip. I just don't see what's so great about this band. Sounds like good partying\drinking music, but to rank them up there with Pink Floyd, Alice In Chains, etc is just wrong.

I just love the music, it's fun.
I'm putting them in my "favorite band" catagory. I get that the Beatles and Stones are great bands, but I don't really like them. I just don't like their music.
Dropkick Murphys, Clutch and Van Halen. And if there's a 4th, it's Pink Floyd.
Chip Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:

I'm putting them in my "favorite band" catagory. I get that the Beatles and Stones are great bands, but I don't really like them. I just don't like their music.
I got the impression that the music was fun and I can't really say that I'd mind listening to it, but what I was trying to explain to Pete was that this thread was for great performances.
Joe In PA Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:

I got the impression that the music was fun and I can't really say that I'd mind listening to it, but what I was trying to explain to Pete was that this thread was for great performances.

Ah.
Well, there is something to be said for it being a great performance if they can make it that fun, and get a crowd going that much.
Chip Wrote:Ah.
Well, there is something to be said for it being a great performance if they can make it that fun, and get a crowd going that much.

You know why they were having so much fun? :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Joe In PA Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Ah.

You know why they were having so much fun? :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Hell yeah!

Damn it Joe, just admit, the Dropkick Murphys are awesome.
Chip Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:I don't see it Chip. I just don't see what's so great about this band. Sounds like good partying\drinking music, but to rank them up there with Pink Floyd, Alice In Chains, etc is just wrong.

Ah.

:high5:
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
I have seen a SHITLOAD of bands live. I have seen Pink Floyd live at Three Rivers Stadium :yawn: . I have seen Mettalica, GnR and Faith No More at TRS on their big 1993 tour at their height of popularity. Fun, mostly b/c of all the boobies being flashed. I have seen the Stones. Old people. I have seen Marilyn Manson, good show, but not a ton of energy. I could go on and on.

None of them compare live to a good punk band like the Dropkick Murphys, Anti-Flag, The Bouncing Souls, Bad Religion or Social Distortion. Those bands are just flat out fun to see perform live, and since the topic of this thread is "Live Performances", I believe it is greatly relevant. Look at the videos that are posted, in which video do the people in attendance appear to be having the most fun? Wouldn't that be the best live performance?

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
I also do not get the hard on for Pink Floyd.

Their music is unique, but they do not do anything extremely talented with the way they play it. It actually is rather simple music. They are not doing Eddie Van Halen type shit with their instruments. I just don't get why people think Pink Floyd is such a great band.

I don't hate them, I will listen, but their musical ability is nothing more than average.

Pete Nice Wrote:I also do not get the hard on for Pink Floyd.

Their music is unique, but they do not do anything extremely talented with the way they play it. It actually is rather simple music. They are not doing Eddie Van Halen type shit with their instruments. I just don't get why people think Pink Floyd is such a great band.

I don't hate them, I will listen, but their musical ability is nothing more than average.

If Pink Floyd had put out more albums like The Wall and Dark Side of the Moon, they'd be one of my top bands. Most music I like isn't slow like that. But I just love a lot of their songs. Comfortably Numb is just great. But stuff like Bike is just weird.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Great YouTube live performances Joe 10 6,797 04-11-2015, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Joe