Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sticking up for Spot
Caught the seashell story on the replay today. I think rich crossed the line on how far he took it. It's one thing to want to look out for your buddy and put your two cents in. It's another thing to go on for a half hour on national radio disrespecting his woman.

Sure you see things from a different perspective from the outside of a relationship, but only spot knows how spot feels.

I had the best/worst relatinship when i was early 20's. All my buds said to bail and all the signs were obvious. She started pushing marriage and i left. Still regret it to this day. Wasn't perfect but i loved her. Haven't felt it for other gf's since. so i'd say if you want to get married, go for it. If you get a divorce,whatever. You'll live

Early C&R shows were very similar to stuff i was going through. Their honesty and willing to share personal storys is what got me hooked on the show. Cool that spot wants to do the same, but i don't ever remember it being as harsh with the personal attacks back then.

I think spot opened up a can of worms putting this out there. Alot of armchair quarterbacks to deal with now. I'm guilty too, but i didn't realize the serious tone it turned into. Thought it was more busting balls.

End of the day, you gotta do what make's YOU happy.

Got a book with a bunch of quotes, one of them is "never say anything uncomplementary about a man's wife,kids,or his dog"
too much "advice" can come off as disrespect
I missed the bit, but the signs are so obvious that Spot should not be in this relationship, she doesn't respect him. It was so obvious on the show and on Cosmo. It's just that b/c he has never had a real relationship before, he is an adult coping with 16 year old feelings and he does not know what to do about it, but he thinks he does. It's tough getting over that first relationship where love was involved, and the easy, safe, immature way, is to run back to her and try to make it work. But we all know, it NEVER works.

Again, I have no idea what the seashell thing is b/c I missed most of the show today, but I think I have voiced my opinion on Spot's plight.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
I agree with negadave....He shared this w/us, it's his decision and I support him and wish him well no matter what he wants to do.
The 3 shells is a :bullshit: theory. You don't have to bang ever shell on the beach to know what you like and what you don't like. Right now Spot thinks he is in love with Kristen even though she does not appreciate the quality guy he is. I did not have a lot of relationships before I met my wife and we have been together for almost 25 years (dating and married).

You know when you know regardless of how many shell you have sex with.
The whole idea of the that seashell theory was that some guys marry the first girl they're serious with without really looking around.
Some guys will walk around a look at different sea shells, and some pick up the first one they see.
I really have no idea why Rich didn't just use Ferris Bueller's advice for Cameron. They're the same idea. And t's so much more simple and a whole lot quicker to tell.
Rich's seashell story is bunk.... His view that you should hunt around to check out every shell before landing on one, may work for some. But there are people that may find what they are looking for with the first one and are completely happy. It's not a matter of seeing what you are missing out on, it's a matter of finding someone who makes you happy.

As for applying it to Spot, that was a bit harsh. Of course, everyone senses doom for Spot's relationshit, but, fuck, let him find that out on his own. Eventually, he'll realize what's going on.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Kristen is a shitty seashell. It's a big beach. But like so many things in life he's going to have to find it out the hard way on his own. You can't tell people stuff like this. They never listen and run like lemmings over the cliff. All you can do is be there to pick up the pieces when the crash happens.
Hondo Wrote:Kristen is a shitty seashell. It's a big beach. But like so many things in life he's going to have to find it out the hard way on his own. You can't tell people stuff like this. They never listen and run like lemmings over the cliff. All you can do is be there to pick up the pieces when the crash happens.

His heart is going to be so shattered... the Show will turn into a major therapy session.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
I am 3 days behind on the show thanks to working day shifts. I have heard people talking about seashells and have no idea what it's all about yet. Hopefully I will be able to catch up to at least Friday's show since I have to cover an afternoon shift.
[Image: laylasig.jpg]

"My #1 Dudebro...Greg Mercer from Pittsburgh." - Covino
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mercerboy">http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mercerboy</a><!-- m --> - My LIVE web stream!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mediafire.com/mercerboy">http://www.mediafire.com/mercerboy</a><!-- m --> - C&R recordings
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.twitter.com/mercerboy">http://www.twitter.com/mercerboy</a><!-- m --> - Follow me. My tweets are semi-sweet like Nestlé.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:As for applying it to Spot, that was a bit harsh. Of course, everyone senses doom for Spot's relationshit, but, fuck, let him find that out on his own. Eventually, he'll realize what's going on.

I just feel like all the input is getting carried away now. Hadn't caught the show for awhile, and i thought it was just busting balls. It's getting to the point now where it's more like disrespect. Remember when you couldn't even mention the name Jen Sterger? Now every truck driver and construction worker ( :? ) thinks they know what's best for spot, and has to put they're 2 cents in.
The guys used to share they're relationship issues on air, wich is what made it good because everyone could relate. I don't remember it getting so personal and condecending back then though.

Cool that they want to recapture that relateability, but i think spot should say enough is enough now
negadave Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:As for applying it to Spot, that was a bit harsh. Of course, everyone senses doom for Spot's relationshit, but, fuck, let him find that out on his own. Eventually, he'll realize what's going on.

I just feel like all the input is getting carried away now. Hadn't caught the show for awhile, and i thought it was just busting balls. It's getting to the point now where it's more like disrespect. Remember when you couldn't even mention the name Jen Sterger? Now every truck driver and construction worker ( :? ) thinks they know what's best for spot, and has to put they're 2 cents in.
The guys used to share they're relationship issues on air, wich is what made it good because everyone could relate. I don't remember it getting so personal and condecending back then though.

Cool that they want to recapture that relateability, but i think spot should say enough is enough now

I really think they see Spot as the naive little brother and that they need to bust his balls to help him out.... Plus, get some good radio out of it.
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:[
I really think they see Spot as the naive little brother and that they need to bust his balls to help him out.... Plus, get some good radio out of it.

That's what i'm saying. Spot's a grown ass man, not a little 19 year old younger bro. I know... good intentions and all, but show the dude some respect
negadave Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:[

That's what i'm saying. Spot's a grown ass man, not a little 19 year old younger bro. I know... good intentions and all, but show the dude some respect

He's gonna do what he wants to do wether it's good for him or not. We've all had those relationships when we were younger where everyone told us to get out, but we didn't do it because we thought we knew better. Most of the times our friends were right, but we would have never learnd from our mistakes if we didn't take the chance.

In the words of the great philosopher Garth Brooks, "I could have missed the pain but I'd of had to miss the dance "
I think we have all been in the shitty situation that spot is in.......... Other peoples advice is valid but you don't want to hear it at the risk of missing out on a great thing

That being said, Spot people still care for your well being and this relationship is a training excersise for a real fullfilling relationship. No one should be treated this way in a relationship.

Let it run it's course, fine, but it won't last and you're gonna get hurt. She's not a keeper, throw her back into the ocean
I think they are both holding onto the relationship for the wrong reasons.

For Spot it's that feeling of, oh my god I will never get someone as hot as her again, I better do whatever I can to keep her around.

And for Kristin it's the need for something safe and easy. She wants marriage and kids BAD and Spot's not going anywhere as long as he chooses to keep him around, so he is a good candidate. If you look at all the things she is pissed at Spot for, 75% of them have to do with Spot not taking that step forward to make her his wife.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can you spot the bushwhackers? michaelangelo 4 2,193 11-29-2010, 10:03 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Questions to ask Spot's exgirlfriend next Thursday Pete Nice 52 14,286 08-06-2010, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Iva13
  Predict Spot's Relationship Future BigFan 19 4,438 07-29-2010, 04:49 PM
Last Post: the keifer
  Covino, Rich and Spot Home Run Derby 2010 BigFan 23 7,295 07-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Last Post: BigFan
  I will stand up for spot on this one hard_reign2004 7 3,255 07-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Last Post: BigFan
  Spot Center Highlight BigFan 6 2,256 05-19-2010, 05:01 PM
  Vote for Spot's cupcakes!!! Through 5-14-10 at 1PM Pete Nice 9 3,198 05-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Hondo
  What Should Spot Do? Beckster 16 5,090 05-04-2010, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Brampton
  Donate to have Spot pose with cocks! BigFan 6 2,441 04-20-2010, 04:46 PM
  Reasons why Spot is gay BigFan 48 13,747 03-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice