Poll: How much?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
$0-$5,000
31.58%
6 31.58%
$5,000-$10,000
21.05%
4 21.05%
$15,000-$25,000
21.05%
4 21.05%
$30,000-$60,000
21.05%
4 21.05%
$75,000 and up
5.26%
1 5.26%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wedding cost
BigFan Wrote:Depends on the amount of people. Say 100 people on long island
$110 per plate
$5,000 between limo, DJ, photographer
$2,500 for flowers, cake and favors
$13,000 between the engagement and wedding rings and dress
$3,000 honeymoon
Total $34,500

Then estimate an average of $125 a guest as a gift = $12,500.

But I guess it all depends on your personality and preference. I had a friend that had a $40,000 wedding and then a friend that had a $15,000 wedding
At $110 a plate does that include open bar?
We got lucky...my Mom's friend worked at an invitation place and after we picked one out, she said she would give us that as our present so that was cool....then we picked out the flowers with my Mom's other friend who owned a flower shop and he ended up giving that as a gift...so again we lucked out.
Iva13 Wrote:We got lucky...my Mom's friend worked at an invitation place and after we picked one out, she said she would give us that as our present so that was cool....then we picked out the flowers with my Mom's other friend who owned a flower shop and he ended up giving that as a gift...so again we lucked out.

I am very crafty so I made our own invitations. My friend is a dj and he played the wedding for us as a gift. He refused any money at all and a friend from high school owns the local flower shop she gave me an awesome deal.
My mom and dad's wedding took place in 1976... I believe they spent around $300. Mom made her own cake and dress which saved her a ton. (of course that was 30 yrs ago)
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:My mom and dad's wedding took place in 1976... I believe they spent around $300. Mom made her own cake and dress which saved her a ton. (of course that was 30 yrs ago)
We find a bunch of old newspapers stuffed around windows for insulation on remodel jobs. Found one from 1952, you could buy a brand new home for $14,000, and a new car for $400
Joe In PA Wrote:
$110 per plate
$3,000 honeymoon
Total $34,500

But I guess it all depends on your personality and preference. I had a friend that had a $40,000 wedding and then a friend that had a $15,000 wedding
Yes, would you like to come?
[Image: mrmet-1.gif] [Image: 4abf8c1c-1-1.jpg]
Joe In PA Wrote:
$110 per plate
$3,000 honeymoon
Total $34,500

not where I live...............open bar here is an additional $4-5k for the event
Joe In PA Wrote:
$110 per plate
$3,000 honeymoon
Total $34,500

Not for us but our plates were a little less. Open Bar was around $4500.
rahrah12 Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:
$110 per plate
$3,000 honeymoon
Total $34,500

Wow... What area is that?
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
rahrah12 Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:
$110 per plate
$3,000 honeymoon
Total $34,500

Wow... What area is that?

Orlando, FL - Ritz - Carlton

It actually might have been closer to 4k...I don't really remember it was all an expensive blur...

But my groomsmen did manage to get a couple of bottles that weren't even on the list free of charge.
Jesus...anyone who spends $50K+ on a wedding ought to be hit in the head with a claw hammer. Statistically you'll be likely divorced in 5 years or less and then it's even worse.

When my ex (see?) and I got married in 1992 our total was around $3K. Her friends and family made all the food and the reception was at the church in the small town she was from. I probably didn't have more than a dozen people on my side there because I was in law school in Oklahoma and the wedding was in West Virginia. No alcohol in a pentacostal church either...which was fine with me because nobody in my party could take any more after the bachelor party the night before. We rented a house in Myrtle Beach for a week for something like $500. Her friends also made the decorations and the whole thing sure seemed like a helluva good gig to me. It's not what you spend, but HOW you spend it.

Use the money for a mortgage for crying out loud. Blowing that kind of dimp on a fucking wedding is beyond the pale of stupid.
Hondo Wrote:Jesus...anyone who spends $50K+ on a wedding ought to be hit in the head with a claw hammer.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
I was waiting for hondo to chime in on this topic. :roflmao: :roflmao:
Hondo Wrote:Jesus...anyone who spends $50K+ on a wedding ought to be hit in the head with a claw hammer. Statistically you'll be likely divorced in 5 years or less and then it's even worse.

When my ex (see?) and I got married in 1992 our total was around $3K. Her friends and family made all the food and the reception was at the church in the small town she was from. I probably didn't have more than a dozen people on my side there because I was in law school in Oklahoma and the wedding was in West Virginia. No alcohol in a pentacostal church either...which was fine with me because nobody in my party could take any more after the bachelor party the night before. We rented a house in Myrtle Beach for a week for something like $500. Her friends also made the decorations and the whole thing sure seemed like a helluva good gig to me. It's not what you spend, but HOW you spend it.

Use the money for a mortgage for crying out loud. Blowing that kind of dimp on a fucking wedding is beyond the pale of stupid.

I AGREE WITH THIS YO!
I HATE PIE!!
Hondo Wrote:Jesus...anyone who spends $50K+ on a wedding ought to be hit in the head with a claw hammer. Statistically you'll be likely divorced in 5 years or less and then it's even worse.

Everything is cheaper in West Virginia. Teeth must be expensive as fuck there though.
DaveP Wrote:

You beat me to it. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Everything is cheaper in West Virginia. Teeth must be expensive as fuck there though.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]