Poll: How much?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
$0-$5,000
31.58%
6 31.58%
$5,000-$10,000
21.05%
4 21.05%
$15,000-$25,000
21.05%
4 21.05%
$30,000-$60,000
21.05%
4 21.05%
$75,000 and up
5.26%
1 5.26%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wedding cost
Spot's wedding will cost him his life and dreams.
Joe In PA Wrote:Spot's wedding will cost him his life and dreams.

and his soul........
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Something that I have learned that brides to do in my area to save money is share some of the decor... They will find out who all is booking the same hall and try to help each other out. They will share some of the centerpiece components and just change out colors. I learned about that from doing this occasional security gig I have.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
I have never been to a wedding that was not open bar....I never even heard of that....
Iva13 Wrote:I have never been to a wedding that was not open bar....I never even heard of that....

It's common among us poor folk
Iva13 Wrote:I have never been to a wedding that was not open bar....I never even heard of that....

I've never been to one like that either, but I have heard of it.
I HATE PIE!!
Pete although it's "proper" for the bride's family to pay for most of the stuff....in this day and age, most couples split the costs. Let alone now a days the man and woman both have jobs and get married later in life, so they really don't depend on their parents too much. We paid for a lot of our wedding ourselves....and we had open bar!!!!!!! :boobs:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

I heard of a wedding not even serving alcohol.
Chip Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

I heard of a wedding not even serving alcohol.

I have done security at a few like that.
I HATE PIE!!
Joe In PA Wrote:

It's common among us poor folk
My aunt's 2nd wedding wasn't open bar.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
I definitely spent too much on my wedding $40k+ - 100 people @ the Ritz Carlton. Everything cost...I made a decent amount back though.

It was amazing and fun. Everyone loved it but definitely not necessary.

I tell all of my friends to do a destination wedding or court house. BUT I don't regret anything that we did.

One of the bridesmaids at my wedding little sister spent over $100k at hers.
rahrah12 Wrote:I definitely spent too much on my wedding $40k+ - 100 people @ the Ritz Carlton. Everything cost...I made a decent amount back though.

It was amazing and fun. Everyone loved it but definitely not necessary.

I tell all of my friends to do a destination wedding or court house. BUT I don't regret anything that we did.

One of the bridesmaids at my wedding little sister spent over $100k at hers.

Welcome to the forum!

$100k... Holy crap!!!!
I HATE PIE!!
I think mine cost about $25-30k

And we tried to do it on the cheap.....if it wasn't for my parents inviting people and my inlaws it would have been about $15k cheaper at the least.......

It doesn't have to be expensive to be good
It's all about geography! While I could knock down a $800.00 for a wedding in rural Arkansas, I could double that in suburbia & triple it in major metro areas!!!
 - I’m a loner, Dottie, a rebel.
Depends on the amount of people. Say 100 people on long island
$110 per plate
$5,000 between limo, DJ, photographer
$2,500 for flowers, cake and favors
$13,000 between the engagement and wedding rings and dress
$3,000 honeymoon
Total $34,500

Then estimate an average of $125 a guest as a gift = $12,500.

But I guess it all depends on your personality and preference. I had a friend that had a $40,000 wedding and then a friend that had a $15,000 wedding
[Image: mrmet-1.gif] [Image: 4abf8c1c-1-1.jpg]