Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Absinithe?
Anyone ever tried Absinthe? A co-worker invited me over to drink some. I hate the taste of liquorice though? Just wondering how much I should try and drink as to not insult him. I hear it's very expensive and don't want to look like I'm ungrateful.
Depends on if you plan on putting out for this "friend"
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
It is expensive. It can be good though if done right. You need to pour a shot into a rocks glass, then put an absynth spoon over top of it, put a sugar cube on the spoon and slowly pour COLD water over the cube into the drink, about a shots worth of water. If you do this it is actually pretty good. Straight absynth is gross.

I have had absynth several times, but the only time I drank a ton of it, two days before last new years eve, I got pretty good and fucked up, a happy drunk though, then I threw up and had a terrible hangover the next day.

Fun times though.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Since I posted some Eurotrip in the IST today, I might as well do it again here...

This is all I know of it.
I'd try it.

[youtube]qdvRElQMhCc[/youtube]
If you get the chance, look up the episode of the "thirsty traveler" where he investigates the Absinth trail.

I just looked it up. If you get the Cooking channel, it is re-airing on January 17. This is years old but gets kicked around between cooking and travel networks. There are some strange folks on that show. I always liked it more than the Zane Lamprey stuff as it is a real look at the liquor and the culture and not just acting stupid.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
I have only had Absinith as part of a mix, never straight with the sugar and water. I agree with Poke and watch the Thirsty Traveler, that show in general is pretty good and informative.