Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7-26-10 Monday - Happy Birthday Mercer
Nussie_T Wrote:What did you buy this weekend???

Other than a bus ticket for poor Phil to get home from Salt Lake City and some groceries... nothing at all.
Just the normal stuff I need like groceries.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
Pokes28 Wrote:I had a shit weekend. Started good. The wife and I decided to go to Tulsa on Friday night so we could have an early start on Saturday. Used Hotwire to get a room (actually got a better room for cheaper than Priceline which has never happened for me before). Got to the hotel and found out that it was a king room but it was a smoking room. Asked the girl at the front desk if there was anything non-smoking that we could have instead. She upgraded us to a King Suite. So for $64 total, we got a really nice room with two bathrooms, three showers, two 42" HDTvs, etc. That used up all our good luck.

Saturday comes, I woke up at 5:30 and couldn't go back to sleep so I go into the other room and read/watch TV while waiting for time to wake up my wife. Took her car to the dealer to get the oil changed. While driving to the dealer, hit the brakes one time and one of the brakes grabbed and pulled the car sideways. So made it to the dealer and asked for an oil change, tire rotation and to look at the brakes. We got there as they opened at 9:00 AM. We spent pretty much the rest of the day waiting on the car. Everything took forever. We did get a loaner for a few hours so we could at least go eat and kill some time. But they never kept us informed and didn't ask questions when they had them. I kept having to bug them to get updates and answer questions. They ran out of rear brake pads for the RAV at the Toyota dealer. HTF does that happen? They asked if I would like afternmarket pads instead? I told them to go fuck themselves.

Finally at 3:30ish we were able to leave Tulsa headed to Stillwater where we had plans to meet friends at 11:00 AM. Right as we got into town, I got a call saying that another of my friends was riding his bicycle and was hit by a car. Yep. I had a friend killed last Saturday and this Saturday (within 10 minutes of the time a week ago) another friend was hit. The truck that hit him never stopped. This is a WIDE road with 7' shoulders and rumblers on the edges of the road. So this Ford pickup comes over and hits my friend while going 60, and doesn't stop. The truck missed my other friend that was riding with him by less than 4" or she would have been in the same boat. So he's in the hospital. 4 broken ribs, cracked vertebrae, punctured lung, and he's lucky his foot is still attached. They say grade 4 sprain but I don't know if that is real.

So I :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: all day and all night Saturday. Woke up on Sunday, had lunch and went home. Went by the hospital to see my friend.

Pretty shitty overall.

There is only one word for that.... Confusedwoot:
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
whats up party people.............nice to hear them repeating the convo that got Covino to call me a "shit mouth asshole", and Derick "dickneck"
http://www.apacheclips.com/
A lot of great military clips on this site.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
what did I buy this weekend
-wall mount for my tv
-new lunch box
-shelving for my basement
-pegboard for my garage
-groceries
-couple of new button down shirts

My wife had me doing stuff all damn weekend, and I'm still not able to have a beer for another week
Back to fixin this power supply that I blew up. :cya:
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Pokes28 Wrote:I had a shit weekend. Started good. The wife and I decided to go to Tulsa on Friday night so we could have an early start on Saturday. Used Hotwire to get a room (actually got a better room for cheaper than Priceline which has never happened for me before). Got to the hotel and found out that it was a king room but it was a smoking room. Asked the girl at the front desk if there was anything non-smoking that we could have instead. She upgraded us to a King Suite. So for $64 total, we got a really nice room with two bathrooms, three showers, two 42" HDTvs, etc. That used up all our good luck.

Saturday comes, I woke up at 5:30 and couldn't go back to sleep so I go into the other room and read/watch TV while waiting for time to wake up my wife. Took her car to the dealer to get the oil changed. While driving to the dealer, hit the brakes one time and one of the brakes grabbed and pulled the car sideways. So made it to the dealer and asked for an oil change, tire rotation and to look at the brakes. We got there as they opened at 9:00 AM. We spent pretty much the rest of the day waiting on the car. Everything took forever. We did get a loaner for a few hours so we could at least go eat and kill some time. But they never kept us informed and didn't ask questions when they had them. I kept having to bug them to get updates and answer questions. They ran out of rear brake pads for the RAV at the Toyota dealer. HTF does that happen? They asked if I would like afternmarket pads instead? I told them to go fuck themselves.

Finally at 3:30ish we were able to leave Tulsa headed to Stillwater where we had plans to meet friends at 11:00 AM. Right as we got into town, I got a call saying that another of my friends was riding his bicycle and was hit by a car. Yep. I had a friend killed last Saturday and this Saturday (within 10 minutes of the time a week ago) another friend was hit. The truck that hit him never stopped. This is a WIDE road with 7' shoulders and rumblers on the edges of the road. So this Ford pickup comes over and hits my friend while going 60, and doesn't stop. The truck missed my other friend that was riding with him by less than 4" or she would have been in the same boat. So he's in the hospital. 4 broken ribs, cracked vertebrae, punctured lung, and he's lucky his foot is still attached. They say grade 4 sprain but I don't know if that is real.

So I :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: all day and all night Saturday. Woke up on Sunday, had lunch and went home. Went by the hospital to see my friend.

Pretty shitty overall.

There is only one word for that.... Confusedwoot:
Super Confusedwoot:
Brampton Wrote:what did I buy this weekend
-wall mount for my tv
-new lunch box
-pegboard for my garage
-groceries

My wife had me doing stuff all damn weekend, and I'm still not able to have a beer for another week
all of those things listed require drinking
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Brampton Wrote:whats up party people.............nice to hear them repeating the convo that got Covino to call me a "shit mouth asshole", and Derick "dickneck"

I haven't heard a damn thing, I've been so flipping busy on the phone.. CRAP!! It's after noon!
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
Derick Wrote:
-wall mount for my tv
-new lunch box
-pegboard for my garage
-groceries

all of those things listed require drinking
I know.........."sigh"......... thats why I'm not happy about all of it
I wanted to drink over the weekend, but it never happened. Confusedad: It was a decent weekend for me though.
I HATE PIE!!
Trying to find a new doctor... finally... And I am getting irritated. Most people can only make personal phone calls on their lunch breaks, so why do the fucking doctors' offices feel the need to shutdown during that time? Seriously, it's bull. Epic fail for all of them. FUCK!

Yeah, i can make phones calls later, but I get dirty looks AND the occasional comment of "isn't that something you should be doing on your own time"... Not to mention that I will be busy as hell this week. :rant: Ahhhhh, I feel better now, rant is now complete.....
I HATE PIE!!
-new lunch box

Did you get Spongebob Squarepants or Barbie?
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:
-new lunch box

Did you get Spongebob Squarepants or Barbie?

I got some spongebob squarepants golf balls this weekend.
So I am at the shop, they took the wheel off, and in less than 2 minutes figured it out. One of the caliper bolts was defective and broke. They have the super hot detail girl (pictures later, not today), running up to the dealer to grab two new ones. They will throw them on and I will be on my way.

I want to note that the problems with my car have not been a result of being a Hyundai OR operator error.

1. A lady backed into my car.
2. A jackass hit and run my car.
3. A bolt broke.

None of those have anything to do with the make of the car or the driver.

Hyundai's rule. Toyota and Chevy can lick my nuts. I would NEVER buy either.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy DBN Day. Joe 0 3 03-13-2020, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Joe
  Monday, 04/10/18: Tuuuuuesday Chip 1 716 04-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Monday, September 26, 2016 ~ Circus Beckster 17 1,993 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Monday 09/19/2016 - DBN NussieT 14 1,697 09-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 22, 2016 ~ Batty Beckster 12 1,499 08-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 29, 2016 ~ Go back to bed Beckster 12 1,479 08-29-2016, 03:36 PM
  Monday, August 1, 2016 ~ Two Thirds Beckster 21 2,485 08-01-2016, 04:19 PM
  Monday, July 25, 2016 ~ It's Mun-day Beckster 4 593 07-25-2016, 04:21 PM
  Monday, July 18, 2016 ~ Water-logged Beckster 4 495 07-18-2016, 04:08 PM
  Monday, July 11, 2016 ~ Free Pizza Beckster 9 878 07-11-2016, 03:24 PM