Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday 5/31/2011 - DBC Day 1
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:today sucks like a Monday. :killme:

No, worse... It sucks like the first day following a holiday weekend.
I agree! Hey guys!
aka EC_n_NC
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I am pretty sure the recruits had no idea what Terrel Pryor and his teammates were getting away with. Tressel covered it up, he didn't tell them to do it.

Any recruit that is good enough to have Ohio State after them has already been given tons of free shit, every school does it at the high levels, even Michigan, Ohio State just got caught and Tressel was a moron for trying to cover it up instead of reporting it right away and taking the sanctions, no he has no job and might never again.

Don't the coaches recruit the top guys?
And I'm sure current players get in touch with possible recruits.
And there is no way "every school" does it to that extent.

The coaches recruit everyone.

The player do get in touch with recruits, but do you seriously think they are telling them that shit. "yo man, we are trading MAD memorabilia for tatoos and shit up here". I don't think so. And yes, every school does it to that extent. You should see the rides the Pitt football players and basketball players drive around town in. You are telling me that they can all afford BMW's, Denali's and escalades?
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I thought they traded memorabilia for tattoos and cash, they cheated at EVERYTHING? I missed that report.......

Not sure how violating the NCAA's dumb ass rules on making money effected game play....... :poke:
a coach covering up NCAA violations for a majority of players is cheating.

Yeah, what I think I know about it, he was covering up for a whole bunch of players.

It makes it a lot easier to recruit when your players can do shit like that.

I am pretty sure the recruits had no idea what Terrel Pryor and his teammates were getting away with. Tressel covered it up, he didn't tell them to do it.

Any recruit that is good enough to have Ohio State after them has already been given tons of free shit, every school does it at the high levels, even Michigan, Ohio State just got caught and Tressel was a moron for trying to cover it up instead of reporting it right away and taking the sanctions, no he has no job and might never again.
Actually.....Michigan suspends their own players for violations. They don't wait for the NCAA to step in. the only violation they have had was when Rodriguez was making them practice too long.
Its a violation, they were punished. I can accept that.

Plus the NCAA found out about it cause a player transfered to OSU and told on them.
Joe Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:today sucks like a Monday. :killme:

No, worse... It sucks like the first day following a holiday weekend.

Hey, get back to work doing wrong whatever it is that they have you doing.
:whomo:
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I am pretty sure the recruits had no idea what Terrel Pryor and his teammates were getting away with. Tressel covered it up, he didn't tell them to do it.

the recuits meet all coaches, but the head coach usually shows up for the 4 and 5 star players
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

The coaches recruit everyone.

The player do get in touch with recruits, but do you seriously think they are telling them that shit. "yo man, we are trading MAD memorabilia for tatoos and shit up here". I don't think so. And yes, every school does it to that extent. You should see the rides the Pitt football players and basketball players drive around town in. You are telling me that they can all afford BMW's, Denali's and escalades?

I bet they do.
yesterday was a long day without the ist for me at work
Know what sucks more than coming back to work after a holiday? Coming back to work after a holiday and college sports talk. If college sports were so awesome they'd be PRO.
michaelangelo Wrote:yesterday was a long day without the ist for me at work

you should have started one, and talked to yourself all day.
Joe Wrote:Know what sucks more than coming back to work after a holiday? Coming back to work after a holiday and college sports talk. If college sports were so awesome they'd be PRO.

We could talk about the NHL going back to Winnepeg more...
LeNeve Wrote:

What were they going to talk about? Canadian things? :roflmao:
my college sports contribution
[Image: 340x_LSU_slut.jpg]
Joe Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:

What were they going to talk about? Canadian things? :roflmao:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
ski doos, and oil patches.
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Know what sucks more than coming back to work after a holiday? Coming back to work after a holiday and college sports talk. If college sports were so awesome they'd be PRO.

And you wonder why the site sometimes breaks. Even the server gets bored with that nonsense.
Joe Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

And you wonder why the site sometimes breaks. Even the server gets bored with that nonsense.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Tuesday, July 2nd 2019 Joe 34 7 12-01-2020, 03:01 AM
Last Post: smithmachinist725
  Only Tuesday, September 13, 2016 Beckster 3 426 06-27-2020, 08:14 AM
Last Post: monika
  Tuesday, Nov 8, 2016 ~ Election Day Beckster 12 1,974 11-21-2016, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Tuesday, September 6, 2016 - Back Beckster 1 540 09-06-2016, 02:27 PM
  Tuesday, August 30, 2016 ~ Clowns are scary Beckster 12 1,072 08-30-2016, 02:46 PM
  Tuesday, August 23, 2016 ~ Bat Chronicles Beckster 6 734 08-24-2016, 08:43 AM
  Tuesday, August 9, 2016 ~ Yo Beckster 8 1,091 08-10-2016, 09:51 AM
  Tuesday 08/02/16: Winter is coming Chip 24 2,481 08-02-2016, 04:57 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Tuesday 7/26/16 - What? LeNeve 7 748 07-27-2016, 10:03 AM
  Tuesday, 7/19/2016 ~ Late Beckster 1 469 07-20-2016, 08:56 AM
Last Post: LeNeve