Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mon. 6/6/11... DBC - the aftermath!!!
Nussie_T Wrote:It's Monday!!!!! What did you buy this weekend????

Finally bought the last remaining plants for my garden, I spent enough in NYC already.
Oh, Sara wanted to meet "Texas Fan" at bowling. I told her you weren't there but somehow she thought you were. I had to let her down. :wink:
Texas Fan Wrote:Birthday Cake Icing turns your poo different colors. Musta been a big cake to eat half and it back up that bad. :barf:

The icing isn't real sugary so he got on a breakaway....
Mike's birthday cake...

[Image: 252931_10150272895512040_665452039_93583...5250_n.jpg]
JDubb Wrote:Oh, Sara wanted to meet "Texas Fan" at bowling. I told her you weren't there but somehow she thought you were. I had to let her down. :wink:

Confusedwoot:

Next year I am going. I hope its not in Vegas cause me and my wife have gone to Vegas a couple times and aren't gamblers so after seeing some shows and seeing the strip and old Vegas we aren't in the mood to go back. Haven't been to New York yet, or California if they wanna do it in LA for the West Coast Covino next year. No matter where though I plan on going.
Nussie_T Wrote:
Texas Fan Wrote:Birthday Cake Icing turns your poo different colors. Musta been a big cake to eat half and it back up that bad. :barf:

The icing isn't real sugary so he got on a breakaway....
Mike's birthday cake...

[Image: 252931_10150272895512040_665452039_93583...5250_n.jpg]

Awesome cake!

My kid LOVES Thomas the Train, I been ordering stuff I seen on kids.woot.com that is on sale. Hes getting a pretty cool starter kit soon. Bought him a Percy train not too long ago from there also.
Texas Fan Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:Oh, Sara wanted to meet "Texas Fan" at bowling. I told her you weren't there but somehow she thought you were. I had to let her down. :wink:

Confusedwoot:

Next year I am going. I hope its not in Vegas cause me and my wife have gone to Vegas a couple times and aren't gamblers so after seeing some shows and seeing the strip and old Vegas we aren't in the mood to go back. Haven't been to New York yet, or California if they wanna do it in LA for the West Coast Covino next year. No matter where though I plan on going.

We talked about it with Rich, the DBC is always going to be in NYC, the Vegas thing is going to be another function all together.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Nussie_T Wrote:
Joe Wrote:I bought a speeding ticket and a seatbelt ticket this weekend.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

How much were they?? Jim's not wearing a seatbelt as a passenger of a vehicle is $292.05.

$245 for both
JIU is an even douchier Shooter McGavin.

He also was compared to Ed in Jersey, but I disagree, I actually like Ed in Jersey, he can be a douche, but he will also treat you well until you do something to make him treat you otherwise.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Justin in UT Wrote:wow...I had no idea that I had rubbed so many people the wrong way. First of all I would like to appologize to some guys that i upset.
- Mercer for saving me this entire trip with his help navigating the subway and would NEVER intentionally hurt him. I gave him a tap in the bathroom and must have pushed him harder than I thought. I lover mercer and think hes one of the nicest guys ive ever met. If he turned around and peed on me I would have laughed! I was not bulling him or trying to pick on him in any way.
-JDubb I cant remember hitting you in the face and nuts but I am sorry for being so aggressive with you. I was never my intention ever to fuck with people and try to ruin their time. I am not about that at all I am feel really bad that i ruined a trip for you guys.

I am not an asshole, fag, or someone on steriods. I thought people were having a good time and just wanted them to have a better time. I am not a violent person trying to cause problems and if i had realized i was acting that bad I would have stoppped immediately and appologized and bought you a drink. I dont remember doing everything that I was being blamed for but I'll apologize anyway.

We all come from different parts of the country and have rolled with different guys our whole life but have always come together on one thing that is being CNR fans. I am a fan first and love all you guys for being fellow dudebros and I just feel really bad that my intentions were misrepresented on my part and misinterpreted on yours.
He must black out when he drinks then, based off that post.

As far as the people who are saying, why didn't someone just step uip to him, well, no one wanted to ruin the convention by doing that, so it was left in the hands of the hosts and Spot to handle him.

Speaking of Vegas, for anyone who likes Blackjack, get at least one or two people who know how to play, and hit up the Pussycat Dolls single deck blackjack in Caesars. Overall I lost about $500 gambling but the day we were leaving I won back $300 on those tables. Single Deck is sooo much better then those damn shuffling machines. Also you get to look at the huge :boobs: of most the dealers.
Howdy folks. Sorry I haven't been able to get on too much.

Let me give you all an update on what's happening in my world. As you all know, I live in Joplin, MO (actually just North). The pictures you've all seen on TV do not do it justice. I have several friends that were in Vietnam and to a man they all compare it to going to a city right after it was hit by tons of napalm (don't let anybody try and tell you that napalm was only used in the jungles as it was used everywhere). Joplin is a city of 55K to 60K people. That one storm completely totaled over 8,000 homes and over 500 businesses. That amounts to about 30% of the city is now homeless and about 20% are without a place to work.

Sarah's grandmother died so I've had lots of family drama to deal with. I'm really disappointed in her family. They have never had any major issues and have always been fantastic and tight knit. However they became this group of petty assholes all trying to make sure they came out of it ahead of their family members. As a result, Sarah and I ended up footing a bill of $1500 for the funeral because her parents and one uncle can't afford it and the other siblings that are very well off wouldn't cover for the family members that stayed with her and took care of her day after day. A really shitty time.

We are still vastly under-staffed. We need an active directory expert in the worst way. The tornado completely wiped out one of my coworkers. He has decided that he's moving away and so even though we were already stretched to the limit, we now are stretched even further. We hope that he'll be able to do work for us remotely, but I have my doubts. I'm working my tail off now (averaging 60 hours a week of high stress and travel) and see no end in sight. I'm already wondering if I'll be able to get all my vacation taken for 2011. It is that rough. The good thing is that my boss knows that once September rolls around that football season starts and my plans are set in stone. That relieves a lot of pressure.

Anyway, I haven't been able to listen to the show much and that makes it harder to get on here. I listened today just long enough for Rich to make fun of Sarah Palin which I found comical since technically (and I'm sure mostly by luck), she wasn't incorrect. All the things that he was ripping her for was actually in Revere's personal journal. He was actually trying to warn off the British as much as alert the rebel colonialists. There has been much discussion on it. Also, the most under-qualified person to run for major office in a LONG time was Obama in 2008. The guy had been a Senator for 157 days before announcing that he was ready to be President. Before that he hadn't done anything. At least Palin was a Governor. I truly wish Newt wasn't such a dick as he is the best candidate for the job of President. He understands Washington and has real workable ideas that would get the economy going again very quickly. But his personal history makes him almost unelectable. But if we slide back into a full recession, pretty much any of the GOP candidates could beat the empty suit.

I'd love to go to a DBC, but damn that is an expensive place. Maybe in 2013. Sarah and I already have our air reservations for our trip to Italy next year. Was able to get us round trip tickets for only 80K miles total (and like $200 in taxes). I'm so ready to go. I hope that the dollar rebounds before then but I'm not holding my breath with our current economic idiots in the white house and at the Fed.

I don't know if you guys have discussed Jim Tressell much since he "stepped down." But I find it fascinating. For a decade the guy's reputation was untouchable. The BS with Maurice Clarrette, somehow Tressell comes out smelling like a rose. All the signs about wrong doing on campus at tOSU, and nothing sticks to Tressell. Then all the sudden a few reporters get hold of a couple nuggets of info and boom, he's evil. The most damning thing was that Tressell was rigging camp drawings so that only those that tOSU wanted to recruit to campus could win. Out of all the rest the statement that had been going on for years shows more about the man than anything else mentioned. A lot of those kids that weren't Div 1A caliber players had to save a long time to afford to go and JT made sure that the drawings were rigged so they wouldn't receive any benefit. Far from Christian.

Oh well. enough of my drama. God I hate drama. My ulcer soars in my mouth from all the stress are finally going away. Thank goodness.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
Wow Poke, rough couple of weeks.
JDubb Wrote:Wow Poke, rough couple of weeks.

:whomo:

my biggest problem is I'm overheating.