Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday, April 27, 2015 ~ Would You Climb Mt Everest?
Everest’s peak is at a higher altitude, but that doesn’t make it taller. Mauna Kea may only reach a height of 4,205 meters (13,796 ft) above sea level, but the volcano extends an incredible 6,000 meters (20,000 ft) below the water’s surface. Measured from its base on the ocean floor, its full height stands at 10,200 meters (33,465 ft) making it almost a mile taller that Everest.

In fact, depending on how you measure it, Everest is neither the tallest mountain nor the highest peak. Chimborazo, in Ecuador, only reaches 6,267 meters (20,661 ft) above sea level, but it’s the highest point from the exact center of the Earth. This is because Chimborazo lies just one degree south of the equator. The Earth bulges at its midsection, so Ecuador’s sea level sits farther from the planet’s center than Nepal’s.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Confusedhock:
Who wants to get a team together?

WHAT THE HECK?
Endurance racing for $500 cars. It's not just an oxymoron; it's a breeding ground for morons. It's where Pintos and Maseratis battle to lap a Le Car. It's where first-timers dice with Nomex-soiling pros. Wanna watch? Heaven forbid, wanna race?

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/

A race full of lemons wouldn't last very long before they all broke down.

Except that it's an endurance race. So I think most of them last at least 24 hours.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Everest’s peak is at a higher altitude, but that doesn’t make it taller. Mauna Kea may only reach a height of 4,205 meters (13,796 ft) above sea level, but the volcano extends an incredible 6,000 meters (20,000 ft) below the water’s surface. Measured from its base on the ocean floor, its full height stands at 10,200 meters (33,465 ft) making it almost a mile taller that Everest.

In fact, depending on how you measure it, Everest is neither the tallest mountain nor the highest peak. Chimborazo, in Ecuador, only reaches 6,267 meters (20,661 ft) above sea level, but it’s the highest point from the exact center of the Earth. This is because Chimborazo lies just one degree south of the equator. The Earth bulges at its midsection, so Ecuador’s sea level sits farther from the planet’s center than Nepal’s.

Unsubscribe
LeNeve Wrote:sherpin aint easy, but its necessary.

climbing poop mountain. what if the last breath you took, after collapsing from exhaustion, was from a pile of shit you fell in. :roflmao: :roflmao:

I wonder if they include that opportunity in the Mt Everest brochure.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:Everest’s peak is at a higher altitude, but that doesn’t make it taller. Mauna Kea may only reach a height of 4,205 meters (13,796 ft) above sea level, but the volcano extends an incredible 6,000 meters (20,000 ft) below the water’s surface. Measured from its base on the ocean floor, its full height stands at 10,200 meters (33,465 ft) making it almost a mile taller that Everest.

We drove up the volcano in Maui last October, Haleakalā it was pretty high up, I think its almost as high as Mauna Kea, the air was so thin, the temperature went from 85 at sea level to 35 degrees at top, sometimes they get snow up there
aka ChrisinPCNY aka Chris3mes1
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
Chip Wrote:

climbing poop mountain. what if the last breath you took, after collapsing from exhaustion, was from a pile of shit you fell in.

Probaly. Bunch of scat fetish millionaires. Super adventure club stuff.
Donginator Wrote:

We drove up the volcano in Maui last October, Haleakalā it was pretty high up, I think its almost as high as Mauna Kea, the air was so thin, the temperature went from 85 at sea level to 35 degrees at top, sometimes they get snow up there

I never knew where Peter's "Dong, where is my automobile?" line came from until just now.

[youtube]R8zCdw22g0k[/youtube]
[youtube]_3HMPE1tl_s[/youtube]
LeNeve Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

climbing poop mountain. what if the last breath you took, after collapsing from exhaustion, was from a pile of shit you fell in.

Probaly. Bunch of scat fetish millionaires. Super adventure club stuff.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Super adventure club.
Chip Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:

I never knew where Peter's "Dong, where is my automobile?" line came from until just now.

:roflmao: my username has more meaning than ever
aka ChrisinPCNY aka Chris3mes1
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R

climbing poop mountain. what if the last breath you took, after collapsing from exhaustion, was from a pile of shit you fell in. :roflmao: :roflmao:

Not the way I would want to go. Frozen to someone's poop.

Apparently, in my list of Everest fun facts:

Some people have even conquered Everest despite a physical handicap. Blind climber Erik Weihenmayer reached the peak in 2001, and armless man Sudarshan Gautam did it in 2013.

This link breaks down how much it costs to climb Everest: http://www.alanarnette.com/blog/2014/12/...b-everest/
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
Chip Wrote:I only had two tall beers at lunch, but I'm feeling it.
If my boss wasn't here today, I probably wouldn't have come back.

I want to leave and never come back. He has already lectured me on how to do things that I have already done today and they were done correctly. :roll: Mid-sentence he stops and says "Oh, you did it right". Um.. yeah.. duh.
I HATE PIE!!
Donginator Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Everest’s peak is at a higher altitude, but that doesn’t make it taller. Mauna Kea may only reach a height of 4,205 meters (13,796 ft) above sea level, but the volcano extends an incredible 6,000 meters (20,000 ft) below the water’s surface. Measured from its base on the ocean floor, its full height stands at 10,200 meters (33,465 ft) making it almost a mile taller that Everest.

Going to Hawaii is on my bucket list.
I HATE PIE!!
Donginator Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I never knew where Peter's "Dong, where is my automobile?" line came from until just now.

:roflmao: my username has more meaning than ever

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
I HATE PIE!!
I've painted a few maps of Hawaii over the years. Never been though. Paint a map of Hawaii while in Hawaii. :high5:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wednesday 12-2-2015 - Gun Walls LeNeve 5 207 07-17-2021, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Nortoncomsetup
  Friday, December 4, 2015 ~ RIP Scott Weiland Beckster 7 191 07-17-2021, 05:20 AM
  Tuiesday, December 8, 2015 ~ Florida Beckster 14 492 07-17-2021, 05:16 AM
  Wednesday, Dec 9, 2015 ~ Max Beckster 8 305 07-17-2021, 05:13 AM
  Monday, 04/10/18: Tuuuuuesday Chip 1 716 04-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Monday, September 26, 2016 ~ Circus Beckster 17 1,993 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Monday 09/19/2016 - DBN NussieT 14 1,697 09-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 22, 2016 ~ Batty Beckster 12 1,499 08-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 29, 2016 ~ Go back to bed Beckster 12 1,479 08-29-2016, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Monday, August 1, 2016 ~ Two Thirds Beckster 21 2,485 08-01-2016, 04:19 PM
Last Post: LeNeve