Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday 9/16/2013 - Dreary Day
LeNeve Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:holy shit. America has a lot of bridges.

This wouldn't be an issue if we all drove monster trucks.

that would be kind of cool.

Remember that one time when Ace Ventura chased that guy through the jungle in a monster truck?
That was cool.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I have had Mandatory Metallica on all morning.... I don't want to shut it off :rock:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

I wonder who the first person was to come up with "mandatory Metallica".
The rock station here had "mandatory Metallica" every night at 10, I think all through the 90's.
I always assumed other stations in other cities did the same thing.
1. WHAT'S UNUSUAL ABOUT THE RAINS IN COLORADO
The dilemma in the semi-arid state is almost always too little precipitation – not too much.
Problem solved.

2. NEXT STEP IN SYRIAN CRISIS
Kerry and top European diplomats are meeting on a U.N. resolution setting out how the Assad regime must secure and destroy its chemical weapons.
I say we send Kerry to Syria since he's got such a boner for it.

3. WHY THERE'S CONCERN OVER US BRIDGES
An AP analysis of more than 600,000 bridges across the nation shows that some 65,000 were classified as "structurally deficient."
The country needs more monster tucks.

4. FED VICE CHAIR SAID TO BE IN LINE TO SUCCEED BERNANKE
Janet Yellen is the apparent favorite to be nominated by Obama for the top job, now that Lawrence Summers has withdrawn from consideration.
There's no reason to be yellen. Just talk normally Janet and stop being a bitch.

5. TROUBLING TREND IN JOBS
The gap in employment rates between America's richest and poorest families has stretched to its highest levels since officials began tracking the data a decade ago.
More people would be rich if they weren't so lazy. I'm sure I could be rich too, but watching TV is so much easier.

6. WHERE TENSIONS MAY BE SUBSIDING
A factory park jointly run by South and North Korea resumes operations after Pyongyang, which had ordered a shutdown, reverses itself.
We need to bring Regan back to tear down that wall.

7. DELICATE OPERATION TO FREE CAPSIZED SHIP
The 115,000-ton Costa Concordia, which ran aground on a Tuscan reef in 2012, is the largest liner engineers have ever tried to pull upright.
I'm sure that boat smells amazing right about now.

8. MEET THE NEW MISS AMERICA
Nina Davuluri becomes the second consecutive Miss New York – and the first contestant of Indian descent – to win the pageant.
Hard to distinguish between Indian chicks and Snookie tans.

9. WHO, AT LONG LAST, HAS AN EMMY
At age 84, Bob Newhart wins a creative arts Emmy – his first – for a guest role on "The Big Bang Theory."
High five to him finally.

10. MANNING BOWL IS PEYTON'S PLACE – AGAIN
In the third meeting between the QB siblings, Peyton Manning again outduels younger brother Eli as Denver thumps the Giants 41-23.
Fuck the Gints
And 3/4 of them are unsafe and a strong wind away from collapsing.
Well this is kinda cool.

[youtube]qmbW5gvAX4U[/youtube]
Chip Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I have had Mandatory Metallica on all morning.... I don't want to shut it off :rock:

The rock station here had "mandatory Metallica" every night at 10, I think all through the 90's.

they did it on the Kansas rock stations. first it was mandatory mondays, then they were like fuck it, lets do mandatory Metallica every evening. then it was like mandatory Metallica 3 times a day. and they always played 3 Metallica songs in a row.
JDubb Wrote:
And 3/4 of them are unsafe and a strong wind away from collapsing.

well, we definetly need the monster trucks like Joe said then. or the dukes of hazard car at the very least, to jump the bridges.

Lloyd, Jeff, beau.....any others that matter?

sent from somewhere with some device
Joe Wrote:It's pretty cold and rainy this morning. Kind of depressing out really.

It's the type of day wear you either stay I'm bed or lounge on the coach.

Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
that is a kick ass robot dragon. :high5:
Chip Wrote:

Yeah, Philly had it back in the 90s too on WYSP. Sadly that is a sports talk station now.
1. WHAT'S UNUSUAL ABOUT THE RAINS IN COLORADO
The dilemma in the semi-arid state is almost always too little precipitation – not too much.
~ According to my sister who lives in the Aspen area, that area is technically a desert.

2. NEXT STEP IN SYRIAN CRISIS
Kerry and top European diplomats are meeting on a U.N. resolution setting out how the Assad regime must secure and destroy its chemical weapons.
~ I am tired of this already

3. WHY THERE'S CONCERN OVER US BRIDGES
An AP analysis of more than 600,000 bridges across the nation shows that some 65,000 were classified as "structurally deficient."
~ The original London Bridge is in Arizona.

4. FED VICE CHAIR SAID TO BE IN LINE TO SUCCEED BERNANKE
Janet Yellen is the apparent favorite to be nominated by Obama for the top job, now that Lawrence Summers has withdrawn from consideration.

5. TROUBLING TREND IN JOBS
The gap in employment rates between America's richest and poorest families has stretched to its highest levels since officials began tracking the data a decade ago.
~ It started when they considered paying fast food workers more.

6. WHERE TENSIONS MAY BE SUBSIDING
A factory park jointly run by South and North Korea resumes operations after Pyongyang, which had ordered a shutdown, reverses itself.
~ I am sure that won't last.

7. DELICATE OPERATION TO FREE CAPSIZED SHIP
The 115,000-ton Costa Concordia, which ran aground on a Tuscan reef in 2012, is the largest liner engineers have ever tried to pull upright.
~ It's still sitting there?

8. MEET THE NEW MISS AMERICA
Nina Davuluri becomes the second consecutive Miss New York – and the first contestant of Indian descent – to win the pageant.
~ What does she think about Syria?

9. WHO, AT LONG LAST, HAS AN EMMY
At age 84, Bob Newhart wins a creative arts Emmy – his first – for a guest role on "The Big Bang Theory."
~ That took long enough.

10. MANNING BOWL IS PEYTON'S PLACE – AGAIN
In the third meeting between the QB siblings, Peyton Manning again outduels younger brother Eli as Denver thumps the Giants 41-23.
~ Their dad must be the biggest bragger ever to his buds.

Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
I HATE PIE!!
Joe Wrote:It's almost been 2 years since I got rid of the ex and I'm still getting text messages about shit she wants back. :killme: I probably should have put her in some concrete shoes and sent her for a swim in the lake instead of trying to end it gracefully.

HOLY CRAP! Still? She should have taken it with her.

I HATE PIE!!

Same here, all weekend :rock:

I want tickets to the SiriusXM show this Saturday :pray:

Plus SiriusXM sent me a free Starmate 8 to replace my Starmate 4, the screen cracked last week :rock:
aka ChrisinPCNY aka Chris3mes1
Xbox- D0NGINAT0R
I need a drink, a very strong drink, probably multiple drinks...what a Monday.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monday, 04/10/18: Tuuuuuesday Chip 1 716 04-12-2018, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Beckster
  Monday, September 26, 2016 ~ Circus Beckster 17 1,993 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Monday 09/19/2016 - DBN NussieT 14 1,697 09-19-2016, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 22, 2016 ~ Batty Beckster 12 1,499 08-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Chip
  Monday, August 29, 2016 ~ Go back to bed Beckster 12 1,479 08-29-2016, 03:36 PM
  Monday, August 1, 2016 ~ Two Thirds Beckster 21 2,485 08-01-2016, 04:19 PM
  Monday, July 25, 2016 ~ It's Mun-day Beckster 4 593 07-25-2016, 04:21 PM
  Monday, July 18, 2016 ~ Water-logged Beckster 4 495 07-18-2016, 04:08 PM
  Monday, July 11, 2016 ~ Free Pizza Beckster 9 878 07-11-2016, 03:24 PM
  Monday, June 27, 2016 ~ Paperclips Beckster 17 1,185 06-27-2016, 02:59 PM
Last Post: NussieT