Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tuesday 08/09 - Happy Birthday Covino!
NussieT Wrote:The old couple across the street from us put their house up for sale this morning. My ever loving husband has decided we are going to buy this house then rent it out... since it's across the street from us, we can easily watch it. I'm getting up tomorrow mornng early... to go look at the damn thing then put an offer on it. I really don't want this... I take care of enough shit, I don't want to hound people for money for rent.

its a FUCKING hassle. Unless you have a few different rentals, you barely make any profit, because people always fuck major shit up. You can sue them sure, but you need money for that too.

Hounding people for the rent is the fun part.
clam shell. haha clam
LeNeve Wrote:clam shell. haha clam
You are such a 4th grader... :roflmao:
ha, the mechanic from the ford commercials with Mike Rowe is a real technician, and he is talking on the ford message boards, defending himself. Nothing cool really.
I should go ride horses, the more I ride the better chance of injury, then I can sit up front at the desk for awhile.
JDubb Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:... See I would switch from a droid if something better comes along, much like I switched from Blackberry to Android, fanboys never switch.
Not true, I would switch if I was not happy with my current phone. If the iPhone 5 isn't worth the upgrade I may switch than.

Until that happens, your still a fanboy..... :poke:
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Chip Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:... See I would switch from a droid if something better comes along, much like I switched from Blackberry to Android, fanboys never switch.
Not true, I would switch if I was not happy with my current phone. If the iPhone 5 isn't worth the upgrade I may switch than.

I bet 95% of Apple users would say that same thing.
Then, when something better does come out, good luck convincing them it's better...

Did you notice he didn't say if something better comes out, he said if he is not happy with his current phone....That's the loophole

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
LeNeve Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I want Mexican food...

That would be cool, if during the construction, we had mexican catering trucks. I would like that.

You do realize that most construction workers bring their lunch. it's not like movie sets where they bring in caterers till they are done. Right...

there are catering trucks that drive around to all the construction sites. My Mom used to date a guy that had one.

Roach Coaches. Not exactly catering, but I understand what you are saying.

NussieT Wrote:The old couple across the street from us put their house up for sale this morning. My ever loving husband has decided we are going to buy this house then rent it out... since it's across the street from us, we can easily watch it. I'm getting up tomorrow mornng early... to go look at the damn thing then put an offer on it. I really don't want this... I take care of enough shit, I don't want to hound people for money for rent.

It is a good investment though. Smart move if you guys have the cash.

Chip Wrote:I might have to go eat in Mexicantown soon...

Is that place safe? I have driven through a few times when I used to go up there for work, but always got the impression is was unsafe.

Pete Nice Wrote:

It is a good investment though. Smart move if you guys have the cash.

That's why Jim wants it. This will be our 3rd piece of property we own. I told Jim we should buy the hotel in town though. It's been going belly up for a few years now. Get it cheap, build it up to a good place to stay again then sell.
LeNeve Wrote:

its a FUCKING hassle. Unless you have a few different rentals, you barely make any profit, because people always fuck major shit up. You can sue them sure, but you need money for that too.

This would be our very first rental property. We worked with a guy that had three or four houses in the city who did very well. Being from a small town we know most people but I think we are going to rent it out to my brother. He and his gf live with my mom and looking for a place.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I might have to go eat in Mexicantown soon...

Is that place safe? I have driven through a few times when I used to go up there for work, but always got the impression is was unsafe.

Yeah. I've been there a lot. And I know a lot of people who go there often.
And I've never heard of anyone having trouble there.
Not even any of those "I know a guy who knew a guy who told him..." kind of stories.
NussieT Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:

This would be our very first rental property. We worked with a guy that had three or four houses in the city who did very well. Being from a small town we know most people but I think we are going to rent it out to my brother. He and his gf live with my mom and looking for a place.

That's a bad idea. Renting to family or friends, usually ends badly. From my experience, both renting, and being the renter.

sent from a tornado
Pete Nice Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I want Mexican food...

That would be cool, if during the construction, we had mexican catering trucks. I would like that.

You do realize that most construction workers bring their lunch. it's not like movie sets where they bring in caterers till they are done. Right...

there are catering trucks that drive around to all the construction sites. My Mom used to date a guy that had one.

Roach Coaches. Not exactly catering, but I understand what you are saying.
I couldn't think of the real names for those trucks, still can't. Not catering at all. Some of them are pretty good. Most are basically a convenience store on wheels.

sent from a tornado

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Tuesday, July 2nd 2019 Joe 34 7 12-01-2020, 03:01 AM
Last Post: smithmachinist725
  Only Tuesday, September 13, 2016 Beckster 3 426 06-27-2020, 08:14 AM
Last Post: monika
  Happy DBN Day. Joe 0 3 03-13-2020, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Joe
  Tuesday, Nov 8, 2016 ~ Election Day Beckster 12 1,974 11-21-2016, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Tuesday, September 6, 2016 - Back Beckster 1 540 09-06-2016, 02:27 PM
  Tuesday, August 30, 2016 ~ Clowns are scary Beckster 12 1,072 08-30-2016, 02:46 PM
  Tuesday, August 23, 2016 ~ Bat Chronicles Beckster 6 734 08-24-2016, 08:43 AM
  Tuesday, August 9, 2016 ~ Yo Beckster 8 1,091 08-10-2016, 09:51 AM
  Tuesday 08/02/16: Winter is coming Chip 24 2,481 08-02-2016, 04:57 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  Tuesday 7/26/16 - What? LeNeve 7 748 07-27-2016, 10:03 AM