Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Technology Hurt?
She is not getting a cell phone until she is a teenager and she will babysit or whatever to make money to help pay for it... only so she is more responsible. I've asked people why they have gotten their kids cellphones and they always tell me, it's so they can get a hold of them from school. Well, my kid can go to the school office if I need to be contacted.

I gave Jim's daughter my old pc (Windows 2000) to play with and I won't put it online for her. We bought educational games for it and that's all she's allowed... especially with her grades tanking lately. Bri might be given more access than her sister, but I will not allow her any unsupervised time and it will mostly be educational sites/programs. Other games will be extremely limited and based on her having excellent grades in school. Pete is right, note taking and the such should still be handwritten in a notebook. Really, the elementary school years should be limited access to pcs, while kids are learning basic skills.

TV is one thing I will be fighting people over while she matures. Jim said to me that at some point I would want her out of my hair and tell her to go watch TV. Oh bullshit, I would tell her to go play with her toys or read a book before I'd ever say that. I say that to his kid now and she hates it.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 Gaming Gadgets That Will Make Us Hurt Ourselves Joe 1 1,230 07-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice