Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is it about Androids that make people go nuts for them?
I've been working with the iPhone for years now. The iPhone was the go to phone when companies decided that they wanted more functionality than what their Blackberrys were providing. I must say I was a hard core Blackberry user from the first device they ever created. I was hesitant to make the switch because Blackberry created this market and at the time no one did corporate email better than Blackberry. I held on to Blackberry up until around the time the 2nd Droid came out and then I made the switch to that. I did it based on the reviews from a few coworkers of mine who were also very familiar with iPhones. The other reason I made the switch was because I knew Android was going to be out there and sooner or later I was going to have to support them for my clients.

My first phone was Android 2.2 and I have to admit, it was a bit rough. It lacked the ease of use that the iPhone had. When Android 2.3 came out it finally looked like they were making progress although still a bit too rough for me to recommend to your everyday user. For me it was the right choice because of the choice I had in apps. There are apps available for free in Android that beat many of the pay apps Apple provides. A few months ago I had to deploy an mobile device management system and was given an iPad to use for a few months. While I had it I tried every app I could find and I still felt way more limited than I was with my Android devices.

When I finally got my hands on my Galaxy Nexus with Android 4 I knew Google had it nailed. The device and the OS are damn near flawless. I can do what I want with this phone and I haven't even rooted it. I guess I could best sum it up as not feeling trapped within Apple's boundaries.

I do have to say that when a client asks me which phone they should deploy to their employees, I always say the iPhone. The hardware is always the same and when an OS update is released it's released for all devices. Standards are always good in a business environment.

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 Gaming Gadgets That Will Make Us Hurt Ourselves Joe 1 1,230 07-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice