Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using a gun
I'd like to get a handgun. My father has a few handguns, rifles and shotguns. He belongs to a big gun club in NJ and used to go from time to time with his cousin. His cousin just passed away so he doesn't really have anyone to go with. I'd like to be able to go with him and own my own. I figure if you're going to own one you should be very familiar with using it. The one thing I'm not sure about is taking it to NJ. If I transport it in the trunk in a case is that legal across state lines?

I can't imagine the need to ever carry in public. It seems like a huge liability. I can't imagine getting your face punched in and having to worry about whether or not the guy is going to knock you down and take your gun. I could totally see the need for having one at home. I live quite a long way from any real police station.

I know what you mean about the survival mindset. That would be why I don't ever think I'd want to carry outside of the house. I figure once they know you have it they either have to run or die. There's no getting it taken away from you.

Messages In This Thread