Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using a gun
If you have a license to carry, can you carry it anywhere with the exceptions of government buildings, airports and stuff like concerts? Is there a difference between having the right to conceal vs just having a license to carry other than the obvious?

My biggest question about carrying a gun is when can you use it?

- If you're walking down the street in a city and someone comes out and tells you they want your wallet or whatever what are your options? From what I've read if they have a gun pointed at you then you are legally allowed to use deadly force. What if they don't have a weapon, but you're pretty sure that if shit went down that you may lose? I mean they may not have a weapon, but after they take you down they may wind up with yours. I guess anyone would say that just giving them your wallet is the right answer so I'm not saying a robbery scenario in particular, but just a threat.

- What are your right's in your house? I know in TX you can basically shoot someone for knocking on your door, but I'm curious about the rest of the country. From what I understand in at least PA you can't shoot them unless they are in your home and posses a threat to you or your property. Does that mean I can blast someone who kicks in my door or do I have to wait to see if they are holding a weapon and give then the chance to retreat when they see mine?

- Final question... Can I shoot an animal that is a threat? I know the dog enforcement officer told me that I could have killed the dog that attacked me and my dog, but I'm sure of I discharged a firearm in my development that I would have been in some deep shit.

Messages In This Thread