Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about sports fans!
Pete Nice Wrote:So you went to the Fiesta Bowl? I love Tempe, wish I could go there every year for a Steelers game. Where did you stay? Go to any cool places? Hit up the In n Out by the stadium?

Yep, went to the Fiesta Bowl. New Years in Phoenix is great. You have the Mill Street block party in Tempe. That is a great time. Then I did a 5K run on New Years Day (kept me from getting stupid on NYE).

We were there for 5 days total. First night we stayed at the Hilton by the airport (priceline for $61 total - taxes included). Then the next two nights we stayed at the Legacy Golf Resort (Priceline $63/night -taxes included). Then we stayed at a LaQuinta in Glendale which was about the only place around that had a vacancy that wasn't $200 a night. Then we went to the Hampton airport.

We went to the horse track one day, that was fun. We ate at the Chino-Bandito which was a treat. It is a fusion of Chinese and Mexican with just a little Caribbean thrown in. Sounds gross, but really was good food and something completely unique.

I got to work one day at our warehouse there so my flight, two nights hotel, and two days of rental car were paid for. Made the trip far less expensive.

That brings me to the worst part of the trip. The Stanford band. They have one job... To piss off the opposing team fans. They do it well. During their pre-game their announcer said that since Oklahoma is known for Cowboys that the women in Oklahoma must be Cows. Then as they were leaving the field a bunch of their band members were acting like airplanes flying off the field. They would then crash into the field. Considering that OSU has had two major plane crashes in the last 11 years, that was completely out of bounds. Then after the game their band tried to disrupt the awards ceremony and did completely play over our band playing our Alma-Mater. I've never been witness to such a chance in fan opinion. Going into the stadium, 90% of the people liked Stanford and had a lot of respect for them. Leaving the stadium, 95% of the people seethed with hatred for them. All because of their douchey band.

It was a great game and I'm so glad we came out on top.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fourm military guys (tough question) negadave 8 3,218 12-12-2011, 12:07 AM
Last Post: Hondo
  Passionate about Sports Beckster 21 6,509 05-09-2011, 03:53 PM
  Star Wars Question(s) cody 19 6,514 02-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Last Post: cody
  More of a vent than a question. Greg Mercer 31 8,497 02-04-2011, 04:27 AM
Last Post: i bleed green
  Fan loyalty question!!! eddieyourdj 22 7,558 12-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Last Post: MattInMinnesota
  100 Sexiest Women of Sports Derick 5 2,862 10-26-2010, 12:00 AM
Last Post: ap bikini team
  Dumb Question negadave 11 4,059 08-29-2010, 12:26 AM
Last Post: negadave
  Random Question of the Day NussieT 20 5,988 04-26-2010, 09:58 PM
  Pro Sports Jerseys - Do you buy them, and/or do you wear em? Brampton 18 6,882 03-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Last Post: ap bikini team