Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA playoff & a lesson in life
I just got tickets for the Grizzlies game on Friday. I've never been to an NBA playoff game before! I'm in nosebleed section, but still I can't wait to soak in the excitement in the air! $100.00 is pretty steep, but how often will you get to experience this, right?
The only other time that I've felt this kind of buzz is when I went to the Final Four in Lexington, Ky back in 1985. Memphis, Villanova, St. Johns, Georgetown played and 'Nova won it all by beating Georgetown.
I really think that as you get older, well I think this way, you tell yourself more & more that life is too short to not enjoy a few things. I've always been one to have a good work ethic, treat people right, save a little and prepare for retirement. When I got married at 30, we waited a few years, had a kid, built a house, and settled into the routine of life. We had roadblocks along the way, as every couples do, but persevered through it all and pressed forward.
I guess my point is this; as you make your way through life, always try and put a few shekels back(if it's $5.00 a week), things take time to build up, and every once in a while, take time for room service. I heard a guy say a long time ago that the very first person that you should pay at the end of the week is yourself. He meant always put something back for a rainy day. So many people get caught up in paying everyone else that they forget themselves.
Wow, I don't know why I poured all of this out just because I got 2 playoff tickets, but maybe someone needed to hear it for either a wakeup call or encouragement. Either way, I went with my gut feeling......peace & love!!!

(why I woke up at 3:30 and wrote this is beyond me)
 - I’m a loner, Dottie, a rebel.

Messages In This Thread