Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Belgium - Lips of Faith - Transatlantique Kriek
A week ago I stumbled across some of this at one of my local liquor stores. As I've posted before, the Lips of Faith beers from New Belgium Brewery are all very limited run beers that are very special for one reason or another.

This is actually a beer made by two different breweries. First, the Brewerij Boon of Belgium creates a lambic beer. Again, this is beer without hops and is "spontaneously fermented" which is just a fancy way of saying that the natural yeasts in the air are used instead of adding yeast to begin fermentation. They add in Polish Cherries. Then the beer is aged for 2 years in oak casks and shipped to New Belgium Brewery in Colorado. Then NB brewery takes this and adds a golden lager to it.

The final result is out of this world. It smells of sweet cherries and caramel. This beer has several different distinct taste phases. First one is sweet cherry. Then there is a full body lagar followed by the crisp bitterness of hops. Then finally a satisfying sour taste that is the balance to the sweet cherry.

This isn't a daily drinker. I got a steal on it having to only pay $6 per bottle (normally $16 per bottle). I have one more bottle in the fridge and I will only bring it out for a special occasion. It is that good.

8% alcohol

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.newbelgium.com/beer/detail.aspx?id=fc099739-4419-4714-86db-5aafc83e56e0">http://www.newbelgium.com/beer/detail.a ... afc83e56e0</a><!-- m -->
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blue Moon Belgium White LeNeve 4 2,178 10-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Last Post: DaveP
  Lips of Faith beer Pokes28 4 1,826 08-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Last Post: Chip
  New Belgium - Trippel Pokes28 0 1,050 05-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Pokes28