Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camaro Engine
As some of you guys know, I have a 1986 camaro IROC Z28. I built a bad ass engine for it years ago, then an oil line blew, and it shot connecting rods through the block on the highway at 70 mph. Anyway I decided this is the year, I get it back on the road. I really need to do it as cheap as possible, I've had 3 kids, and bought a house since I built the engine 10 years ago. So money is tight.

I've realized that I can't keep going through the day to day grind of life, without a hobby I love.

I plan on talking to the few engine shops around here, and getting some quotes.

I have the heads, intake, and carb, I'm looking for a ready built 4 bolt main, that has the cam already. I also need the oil pan, oil pump. push rods.

I've looked all over jegs, and summit. They have stuff for cheap, but most of it includes the heads, and other junk I don't need.

The engine that was built for me would have retailed 5,000 at the least. They did me a solid for working there you know.

Anybody know other places online? Am I better off just getting a custom build locally? What can I do to talk the local guy's prices down?

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blown engine Pete Nice 10 3,932 09-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Last Post: negadave