Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Troegs Mad Elf
So Joe has been ranting and raving about this for some time now. It's a holiday brew made in Harrisburg.

I was out last night and the waiter mentioned it while going through the holiday beers, so I got a bottle. 11% alcohol with honey and cherry.

After the first sip, I thought it was pretty good. It is rather sweet, check, very sweet. You can really taste the cherry, but I could not really make out the honey. A friend of mine tried it and he said it tasted like bubble gum to him.

I don't chug beer, and diner arrived, so I always drink slower during diner. As the beer got warmer, I felt it tasted worse and the strong alcohol really came out in the warmer taste. I did find that if I took a drink from the bottle. let it sit in my mouth and then slide down my tongue and the back of my throat, that it seemed to taste more like that first sip.

So, I would buy a 6 pack, not a case, and milk out those 6 bottles over a few weeks. It is good, but nowhere near my top 50 beers. Drink it cold, very cold. I also think that one of these beers is more than enough for a night. And early in the night also. If I was to rate it on a 10 star scale, with 10 start being the best, I would give it a 7.

[Image: mad-elf-webpage-pic.jpg]
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]

Messages In This Thread