Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New York City Food
OK, here is a hastily put together list of places to eat in NYC.

Lunch:

Peanut Butter and Company - 240 Sullivan Street by Washington Square and NYU. This place is a MUST GO!!!!! Easily one of the best specialty restaurants in the world. Takes PB&J to an entirely new level. Get the Elvis, you only live once.

Fat Darrell - Grease Trucks - Teachers Parking Lot, Rutgers. A bit away from NYC, but if you have a car, DEFINITE LEE worth the trip for this famous sandwich or one of it's derivatives.

San Loco - chain mexican that is good, google them and find the closest.

Lunch/Diner:

River Cafe - 1 water street, Brooklyn. Just under the Brooklyn Bridge on the water across from Manhattan. I think that there is a water taxi that will take you from Manhattan to the River Cafe, pretty famous place.

Viva Pancho - 156 w 44th St. A Covino and Rich, and Pete Nice, favorite. Take in some mole pablano and a strawberry Martguerita like Covino would. Get a chorizo appetizer like Pete Nice would.

Diner: These places will not be cheap, but no good diner in NYC is.

Russian Samovar - 256 W 52nd Street. You can't beat this place. Authentic Russian food, homemade quality Russian Vodkas, famous pop in guest singers at the piano. Probably the most famous and best Russian restaurant in NYC.

La Mela - 167 Mulberry Street. There are tons of good places in Little Italy, on or a half block off Mulberry Street. This one is one of the best and one of the most famous. A lot of the Sopranos guys hang out here on the regular.

Henry's End - Brooklyn. Google them for address and directions. Exotic meats. Have had many guest appearances on the Bower Show and the Stretch Show on Maxim Radio. Check out their menu online. Good Shit.

Steak Houses: They are everywhere in NYC. Peter Lugar is WAAAAY overrated, don't waste you money. Try these, in this order. All steakhouses in NYC are expensive. Check them all out online first.

1. Del Frisco's - in the Sirius building. The best melt in your mouth steak I have ever had.

2. Old Homestead - meatpacking district - Go there, get the Gotham steak. That's all you need, don't even get a menu, trust me, get the Gotham steak.

3. Robert's - Penthouse executive club. There is nothing like beautiful women to go with your food. Get the Porterhouse, a Brazilian beer and some bacon, sit back and let Diamond give you bounce around naked next to you while you eat. Tell them you know Ed from Jersey to get a better table.

I hope that helps all a bit, there are tons of other places, but these are the ones I have found to be the best. Remember, any good diner in NYC will be expensive. So plan for it.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New York City - Sopranos and Kevin Smith Pete Nice 3 2,425 06-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Last Post: Jersey_Mike
  New York City - Sights Pete Nice 5 3,198 06-11-2009, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Pokes28
  New York City - Nightclubs Pete Nice 1 1,863 06-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice