Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you do?
Lou Scunt Wrote:I do come off rough, I think funerals are pretty swoot, people die and you deal and move on. I don't want one. it's really just a weird party that people feel obligated to throw, and I'm not really sure why. Sure you'll miss your loved ones, but will eating a buffet and sharing stories and eugoogolies really make things better for anyone?

Funerals totally suck, especially when you have to make the arrangements. I lost the 2 people I used to live within a year's time. That was the worst thing to ever happen to me, to watch them pass on... I needed the moral support of our friends and family coming together. I don't think I would have gotten through it otherwise. It's the whole closure part... sharing stories about the person. It's how you are able to heal and move on. Especially for when it was someone you were incredibly close to.

I used avoid funerals at all costs, but when I had to bury my grandma and aunt... I realized how much I appreciated those people who came to those funerals and showed my family and I their support. It meant a lot and I really understand what it all means now.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!

Messages In This Thread