Poll: Best candidate
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Michele Bachmann
9.09%
1 9.09%
Herman Cain
0%
0 0%
Newt Gingrich
0%
0 0%
Jon Huntsman
0%
0 0%
Ron Paul
36.36%
4 36.36%
Mitt Romney
18.18%
2 18.18%
Rick Santorum
9.09%
1 9.09%
Rick Perry
9.09%
1 9.09%
Sarah palin
0%
0 0%
Barack Obama
18.18%
2 18.18%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Candidates
Rydrum Wrote:So I don't know where to stand on the issue

These are real questions and not ideologically motivated as I don't really pay attention to this stuff because I don't want to get pissed off, so if someone can just calmly explain this stuff to me:

1) Who are the 47% paying no taxes? is it mostly social security & the poor? I know that I pay a small amount of income tax, even though I make less than 15K a year.

2) Even if you did tax that 47% would we get that much money from them- I guess what I am asking, is will the return from taxing the 47% = the minor increase in taxes to the top 1-3%? Why not do both?

3) What are successful economies taxing people at? I know that there is a huge divide between the richest and poorest in our country- so who has a model that works?

4) given the way income is distributed in this country, (hugely positively skewed)- doesn't it make sense to tax the rich at higher % or am I missing something?

5) Is there a way to increase the tax corporations directly without hitting the top people directly?

My last point is this- I would vote republican (for economic reasons) in the next election except they are all FUCKING RETARDED when it comes to things that matter to me personally (science, individual rights, etc).
Someone mentioned Romney - dude is a member of a cult (mormon) with the most bizarre beliefs.
How can you seriously vote for someone like that? I guess I might just not vote again because this 2 party system sucks...

I will defer to Hondo on #1.

#2 - Yes it would make a difference. People on social security and unemployment DO pay taxes on that income. Who doesn't pay, people who work under the table, people who cheat on their taxes, people who write EVERYTHING off as a business expense even though their company makes money and they live in 1/2 mill dollar houses(which really goes hand in hand with cheaters) and my biggest issue.......people on motherfucking welfare. If they did away with Welfare cash payments, not only would it free up tons of money for the fed budget, it would force those people to find jobs, most often low paying McDonald's type jobs. Then they would be paying taxes while receiving basically the same amount of money as they were on welfare, maybe a little more, but now they are at least contributing to society instead of draining it.

#3 - I do not know, I will defer to someone else.

#4 - I think what you are overlooking is, if we tax the shit out of the super rich, they will just outright leave. They will take their businesses to South America, Asia and Eastern Europe and we would be stuck losing the taxes they do pay, both personal and corporate, as well as jobs and income into the American economy. The super rich can live where ever they want and just come back to the states to visit whenever they want or for business meetings and such. And that is exactly what would happen if we taxed the shit out of them, we would actually end up loosing money. Of course the Liberals have yet to EVER realize this.

#5 - not exactly sure what you are asking, but anytime corporate of super rich will get taxed more, we run the risk of losing them and any income and taxes they do currently provide.

The two party system does suck and it is up to the silent majority to rise up and vote in a third party guy or independent and try to change this bullshit.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]

Messages In This Thread