Dudebro Nation
Wed June 30 2010....Facebook told me to post here - Printable Version

+- Dudebro Nation (https://dudebronation.com/forum)
+-- Forum: DudeBro Nation (https://dudebronation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Daily Threads (https://dudebronation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Wed June 30 2010....Facebook told me to post here (/showthread.php?tid=911)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

Re: Wed June 30 2010....Facebook told me to post here - Brampton - 06-30-2010

Chip Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Mad Dog commercials make me want to puch that guy in the face.
That promo does not make me want to listen to his show.....ever.

Wtf kind of accent does that guy have?
I believe its a Down Syndrome accent

Re: Wed June 30 2010....Facebook told me to post here - michaelangelo - 06-30-2010

the keifer Wrote:Just worked in the hospital again. Pretty bad when you gotta go through at least 5 people just to run a 25ft coax cable.

I have a question for you, I don't know if you can answer it or not but here it goes:

I spoke to someone at telus (the telephone company in my area) about getting their fibre optic tv service (similar to verizon fios if i'm not mistaken) and I asked if they ran the signal through coax cable or the phone lines. she said neither and that they would rewire my house. my house is completely finished except for under the stairs in the basement. do you know how they could rewire my house? and what kind of cableing will they use?

Re: Wed June 30 2010....Facebook told me to post here - LeNeve - 06-30-2010

uranus :roflmao: :roflmao:

michaelangelo Wrote:
the keifer Wrote:Just worked in the hospital again. Pretty bad when you gotta go through at least 5 people just to run a 25ft coax cable.

I have a question for you, I don't know if you can answer it or not but here it goes:

I spoke to someone at telus (the telephone company in my area) about getting their fibre optic tv service (similar to verizon fios if i'm not mistaken) and I asked if they ran the signal through coax cable or the phone lines. she said neither and that they would rewire my house. my house is completely finished except for under the stairs in the basement. do you know how they could rewire my house? and what kind of cableing will they use?
I would bet they would do what Rogers does.......panel on the outside of the house, and run wires along the walls outside of the house

Re: Wed June 30 2010....Facebook told me to post here - Beckster - 06-30-2010

Chip Wrote:Mmmm... Kalua!

Mas Tequila!!! :happy: :happy: :beer:

they are playing Chips song!

Re: Wed June 30 2010....Facebook told me to post here - michaelangelo - 06-30-2010

Brampton Wrote:
michaelangelo Wrote:

I would bet they would do what Rogers does.......panel on the outside of the house, and run wires along the walls outside of the house

good call, that would be swoot though, I have one tv on each floor of my house, they would include internet too.

michaelangelo Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
michaelangelo Wrote:

good call, that would be swoot though, I have one tv on each floor of my house, they would include internet too.
Plus, isn't fibre optic cable supposed to stay as straight as possible so the signal will pass through, so I would assume there would be a lot of reciever boxes where it needs to go around a bend

michaelangelo Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
michaelangelo Wrote:

Includes the Internet? thats alright, I went with bell, i hate Rogers and Cogeco was too pricey for what they offered

Re: Wed June 30 2010....Facebook told me to post here - the keifer - 06-30-2010

michaelangelo Wrote:

I'm not sure about the tv but they might run the fiber to each cable box. As for the phone, they would run fiber to the modem and come out of the modem in regular voice cable to each phone.
Not 100% sure but that's my guess.

Re: Wed June 30 2010....Facebook told me to post here - Chip - 06-30-2010

michaelangelo Wrote:

I have U-Verse, which is similar to Fios. I have fiber optic running to withing a couple hundred feet of the house. And the U-Verse comes to a box on my house, then from the box it goes out in the tradtional coax cables. I would think fios and what you're looking at would be close.

Re: Wed June 30 2010....Facebook told me to post here - JDubb - 06-30-2010

Brampton Wrote:
michaelangelo Wrote:good call, that would be swoot though, I have one tv on each floor of my house, they would include internet too.
Includes the Internet? thats alright, I went with bell, i hate Rogers and Cogeco was too pricey for what they offered

I was checking with Qwest and was told it would be fiber to the home but use existing wiring in the house.

Re: Wed June 30 2010....Facebook told me to post here - Chip - 06-30-2010

Brampton Wrote:they are playing Chips song!

I've had my radio paused, I'm 5 minutes behind.
PBnJ time?

Re: Wed June 30 2010....Facebook told me to post here - JDubb - 06-30-2010

What Rich, you never had Tilapia in NY? I thought you were so experienced.

JDubb Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
michaelangelo Wrote:good call, that would be swoot though, I have one tv on each floor of my house, they would include internet too.

I was checking with Qwest and was told it would be fiber to the home but use existing wiring in the house.
I don't understand how they can say its FibreOptic service, if they aren't improving the hardwire to and in the house