Dudebro Nation
Tooooooosday, May 11, 2010.....Another Slow one - Printable Version

+- Dudebro Nation (https://dudebronation.com/forum)
+-- Forum: DudeBro Nation (https://dudebronation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Daily Threads (https://dudebronation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Tooooooosday, May 11, 2010.....Another Slow one (/showthread.php?tid=757)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Re: Tooooooosday, May 11, 2010.....Another Slow one - LeNeve - 05-11-2010

Derick Wrote:
Pokes28 Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:My facebook is telling me it's Derick's birthday tomorrow.

I think we all know not to believe Dericks Facebook. It says he's married and has 5 kids.
i do not have 5 kids, and I'm no longer married or in a relationship (we broke up)

Oh, bummer. What happened?

Re: Tooooooosday, May 11, 2010.....Another Slow one - Pete Nice - 05-11-2010

Derick Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:[

:roflmao: is your mom on facebook?
yes

I think you guys should get back together.

Re: Tooooooosday, May 11, 2010.....Another Slow one - Pete Nice - 05-11-2010

Derick, just tell your mom that she wants to take things VEEEEEERY slow.

Re: Tooooooosday, May 11, 2010.....Another Slow one - Beckster - 05-11-2010

Mine told me that too.

Pete Nice Wrote:
Derick Wrote:

yes

I think you guys should get back together.

I agree, she seemed really nice. Not much of a farmer, but nice none the less.

Re: Tooooooosday, May 11, 2010.....Another Slow one - Pokes28 - 05-11-2010

Last night Sarah and I talked about yesterday's show because for whatever reason it really got me worked up. That isn't normal for me as I know that a lot of the time C&R take stances just to stir people up and get the phones ringing. But for whatever reason it got to me. I asked her if she could put her finger one what was different as she heard some of it. She was also irritated at Covino (not for how he treated me when I called - she knows I'm a big boy and can handle that) because he was obviously decided on the issue. To him the Stars and Bars represent nothing but slavery and there wasn't a single thing that anybody could say that would change his mind. But he kept insisting that he was open minded about it.

I just find cultural differences interesting. I'm not a rebel. I don't wear the Confederate War Flag. Heck, technically, I'm not even a Southerner. I guess the part that continues to get me is the complete and total lack of understanding or desire to understand people and their cultures that Covino exhibits. If somebody calls in with a distinct Southern accent (and it is obvious they aren't black), odds are pretty good that he will call them a Hillbilly.

After doing this for so many years now, I'm starting to believe that Covino is just a regional guy that happens to be broadcast nation wide. He's a good guy. A funny and talented guy. But until he stops being judgmental of people and cultures he can't understand, he's always going to be held back.

I'm still a dude-bro. I'm a big fan of the show and I will continue to participate here on DBN as I can. But I'm disappointed.

Re: Tooooooosday, May 11, 2010.....Another Slow one - Derick - 05-11-2010

LeNeve Wrote:Not much of a farmer
she cased away all your damn foxes more than once

Re: Tooooooosday, May 11, 2010.....Another Slow one - michaelangelo - 05-11-2010

@CovinoandRich Rosie O'Donnell Declared WAR on Spot's Cupcake Today! THIS IS A CALL TO ALL C&R D-BROS & NUSSIES! VOTE FOR SPOT NOW!!! http://bit.ly/dfMZU0

Re: Tooooooosday, May 11, 2010.....Another Slow one - Pokes28 - 05-11-2010

Brampton Wrote:Hey Pokes, great comment on what happened yesterday. :high5:

Thanks.

If they talk about it today, I'm changing the channel.

Derick Wrote:
Pokes28 Wrote:

I think we all know not to believe Dericks Facebook. It says he's married and has 5 kids.
i do not have 5 kids, and I'm no longer married or in a relationship (we broke up)

Really? That's so sudden. Hang in there, Sunshine! She was a skank anyway... Flirting with IB on you. What did you do with all those kids?

Pokes28 Wrote:Howdy folks...

Hello!!

beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
Pokes28 Wrote:

Really? That's so sudden. Hang in there, Sunshine! She was a skank anyway... Flirting with IB on you. What did you do with all those kids?
dropped them off at IB's firehouse no questions asked

Derick Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:Not much of a farmer
she cased away all your damn foxes more than once
she also has no idea how to actually get FV dollars to buy stuff

Derick Wrote:

yes

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Pokes28 Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:Hey Pokes, great comment on what happened yesterday. :high5:

Thanks.

If they talk about it today, I'm changing the channel.

I don't call, because I'm pretty sure I have an accent. I agree, the minute they hear the accent, you are immediately discredited, as a redneck, retarded, hillbilly.