Dudebro Nation
Monday April 19, 2010.......Red rocket, Red rocket..monday - Printable Version

+- Dudebro Nation (https://dudebronation.com/forum)
+-- Forum: DudeBro Nation (https://dudebronation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Daily Threads (https://dudebronation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Monday April 19, 2010.......Red rocket, Red rocket..monday (/showthread.php?tid=687)

Re: Monday April 19, 2010.......Red rocket, Red rocket..mond - Pete Nice - 04-19-2010

beckster Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:I made ribs last night :happy: They were nap-right-after good.

Knightryda surprised me with a trip to Famous Dave's yesterday.. My family was there waiting for us. Pretty cool move from him. Dave's around here is pretty good, I know 2 places that are better, though.. Damons and this local place that you'd have to dodge bullets to visit.

I like Dave's and Damons, but they are shit compared to real BBQ places.

I like them though. I think it's kind of hard to fuck up ribs. They usually come out good even at Chilli's and places like that.

Re: Monday April 19, 2010.......Red rocket, Red rocket..mond - Pete Nice - 04-19-2010

Nussie_T Wrote:This is the one I got. The scent in the bottle is grapefruit... it'll look awesome in my bathroom.

What do you do with it? Do you light those sticks on fire?

Re: Monday April 19, 2010.......Red rocket, Red rocket..mond - NussieT - 04-19-2010

Pete Nice Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:This is the one I got. The scent in the bottle is grapefruit... it'll look awesome in my bathroom.

You put the reeds in the oil and it expels the scent.

DaveP Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

Knightryda surprised me with a trip to Famous Dave's yesterday.. My family was there waiting for us. Pretty cool move from him. Dave's around here is pretty good, I know 2 places that are better, though.. Damons and this local place that you'd have to dodge bullets to visit.

They closed the Damons that was somewhat close to here. :bullshit: They had great food. Not sure if there is another one close

Which one? Century III? There are still a few Damon's around. I think there is one on McKnight road. Might be one in Monroeville and the Waterfront also.

Nussie_T Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

You don't get to light anything on fire?

Re: Monday April 19, 2010.......Red rocket, Red rocket..mond - NussieT - 04-19-2010

Pete Nice Wrote:You don't get to light anything on fire?

No, you don't light that particular item on fire. I did buy banana smelling candles... those you can start on fire.

Re: Monday April 19, 2010.......Red rocket, Red rocket..mond - DaveP - 04-19-2010

Pete Nice Wrote:
DaveP Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

They closed the Damons that was somewhat close to here. :bullshit: They had great food. Not sure if there is another one close

Which one? Century III? There are still a few Damon's around. I think there is one on McKnight road. Might be one in Monroeville and the Waterfront also.
Yeah
That was the closet one for me.. actually didn't know there was one at the Waterfront

Re: Monday April 19, 2010.......Red rocket, Red rocket..mond - Brampton - 04-19-2010

Pete Nice Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:Morning everyone!!! This weekend I bought a twin bed for my little guy so we could break him of the crib before the new baby comes... the first night was a small battle but came out on top and the last night it was super easy. I read 1 fish, 2 fish like three times and then laid down. AHAHAHA! I WIN!!!
I also bought some new sandles, a grapefruit smelling reed diffiuser, some banana smelling candles and a few aromatic scents holders one of a mother and a child and one of a husband and a wife, both of which hold a heart. They are adorable.

None of that is really on my shopping list......I think Brampton would like a diffuser, whatever that is.... :fag:
I wouldn't know, but thanks for thinking about me

Re: Monday April 19, 2010.......Red rocket, Red rocket..mond - Brampton - 04-19-2010

My wife has those all around the house. I dont notice a differnce after I use the can

Pete Nice Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

You don't get to light anything on fire?
thats exactly what I thought the first time I saw one

Re: Monday April 19, 2010.......Red rocket, Red rocket..mond - LeNeve - 04-19-2010

I wonder why they call jewish people, kikes?

Re: Monday April 19, 2010.......Red rocket, Red rocket..mond - DaveP - 04-19-2010

LeNeve Wrote:I wonder why they call jewish people, kikes?

I have heard the term kike before, I knew it was some kind of slur or something, didn't know it referred to Jews

Re: Monday April 19, 2010.......Red rocket, Red rocket..mond - Beckster - 04-19-2010

Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Lot of people popping on this morning without commenting......
thats cause they are :fag:

It's because I can't log into the server at work and I have to keep rebooting my pc.. They are so dumb when it comes to networks here, I know a little bit about the stuff, but I'm not getting paid enough to fix it for them. Confusedwoot:

Re: Monday April 19, 2010.......Red rocket, Red rocket..mond - Brian - 04-19-2010

LeNeve Wrote:I wonder why they call jewish people, kikes?
Wikipedia Wrote:The etymology of the term is uncertain. According to the Oxford English Dictionary, it may be an alteration of the endings –ki or –ky common in the personal names of Eastern European Jews who immigrated to the United States in the early 20th century. The first recorded usage of the term is in 1904.

According to Our Crowd, by Stephen Birmingham, the term "kike" was coined as a derogatory putdown by the assimilated American German Jews to identify Eastern-European Jews: "Because many Russian [Jewish] names ended in 'ki', they were called 'kikes'- a German Jewish contribution to the American vernacular. The name then proceeded to be co-opted by non-Jews as it gained prominence in its usage in society, and was later used as a demeaning Anti-Semitic slur."

According to Leo Rosten,

The word kike was born on Ellis Island when Jewish immigrants who were there were also illiterate (or could not use Latin alphabet letters), when asked to sign the entry-forms with the customary 'X,'* refused, because they associated an X with the cross of Christianity, and instead made a circle. The Yiddish word for 'circle' is kikel (pronounced KY-kul), and for 'little circle,' kikeleh (pronounced ky-kul-uh). Before long the immigration inspectors were calling anyone who signed with an 'O' instead of an 'X' a kikel or kikeleh or kikee or, finally and succinctly, kike.

According to Rosten, Jewish American merchants continued to sign with an 'O' instead of an 'X' for several decades, spreading the nickname kike wherever they went as a result. At that time kike was more of an affectionate term, used by Jews to describe other Jews, and only developed into an ethnic slur later on.

Re: Monday April 19, 2010.......Red rocket, Red rocket..mond - Beckster - 04-19-2010

Pete Nice Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I have 5 big bags of charcoal at home. I maxed out my costco coupon.

I can't wait.
Charcoal is the only way to go :high5:

Damn right!!! I might end up getting a gas grill once I build my deck, but there will still be a charcoal there also. I am getting a charcoal smoker this week at Home Depot.

I don't think shit tastes nearly as good on gas. It's blander on gas.

Charcoal is the BEST! Though, we have a Propane grill. I used to have a little charcoal portable, I should get a new one. You just can't beat that flavor.