Dudebro Nation
Monday April 19, 2010.......Red rocket, Red rocket..monday - Printable Version

+- Dudebro Nation (https://dudebronation.com/forum)
+-- Forum: DudeBro Nation (https://dudebronation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Daily Threads (https://dudebronation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Monday April 19, 2010.......Red rocket, Red rocket..monday (/showthread.php?tid=687)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Re: Monday April 19, 2010.......Red rocket, Red rocket..mond - Brampton - 04-19-2010

Derick Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Derick Wrote:? about torque wrenches. Which kind would you buy...

the really expensive digital one
the turn the handle clickly one
the kind with two bars?

The click type. Get a decently expensive one, so you can trust that it is calibrated right, and that it will stay calibrated. Also when you are done, always set it back to zero.

The digital ones are nice if you are building precision race engines all day.
most of the tools I buy are craftsman. Now I realize that unless you buy tools out of a truck, your Lame , but I neither need them nor can afford them, plus I know where sears is, I dont know where the truck is

I would think that craftsman tools provide the tolerances that are sufficient for my purposes.

Most of my speciality bike tools are from Motion Pro
The US Craftsman stuff is pretty good. Don't sell your stuff short, but if you could get a snapon one ($250-300) you can't go wrong

Re: Monday April 19, 2010.......Red rocket, Red rocket..mond - Derick - 04-19-2010

LeNeve Wrote:I actually think craftsman stuff is perfect for home use.
by home use, you mean the occasional home job and minor tinkering on car/motorcycles? I dont plan on tearing down an engine anytime soon, not saying it wont happen

Re: Monday April 19, 2010.......Red rocket, Red rocket..mond - LeNeve - 04-19-2010

Brampton Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:[/quote]
You can get a decent kit for $150, with the necessary Ford adaptors. The kits with like 15 adapters usually go for $350-500[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

The big kit is the one I was thinking about. I like to get the master kits, just in case one day I open a shop, or go to work for a different manufacturer.

Re: Monday April 19, 2010.......Red rocket, Red rocket..mond - Pete Nice - 04-19-2010

LeNeve Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Angie keeps her Dildos in your toolbox?

No, in the overhead cabinet apparently.
Shouldn't they go in the night stand next to the bed?

I don't know, I have never owned a dildo. Up high seems like a good idea though. I don't need the kids running around outside sword fighting with dildos.

How any didlos does she have? You would need at least 3 to outfit all the kids with dildo swords.

Re: Monday April 19, 2010.......Red rocket, Red rocket..mond - Brampton - 04-19-2010

LeNeve Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
"LeNeve: Wrote:I need a coolant system pressure tester, but they are like 300 bucks. The shop foreman lets me use his anyway.
You sir are overpaying

I don't even know what one actually costs, I was kind of guessing. Seems like anything off the snap on truck that comes in a molded box costs 300 bucks.
[/quote]
You can get a decent kit for $150, with the necessary Ford adaptors. The kits with like 15 adapters usually go for $350-500[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
The big kit is the one I was thinking about. I like to get the master kits, just in case one day I open a shop, or go to work for a different manufacturer.[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
I would then wait for the shop to get opened to buy the big kit

Re: Monday April 19, 2010.......Red rocket, Red rocket..mond - michaelangelo - 04-19-2010

Brampton Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Derick Wrote:? about torque wrenches. Which kind would you buy...

the really expensive digital one
the kind with two bars?

The click type. Get a decently expensive one, so you can trust that it is calibrated right, and that it will stay calibrated. Also when you are done, always set it back to zero.

most of the tools I buy are craftsman. Now I realize that unless you buy tools out of a truck, your Lame , but I neither need them nor can afford them, plus I know where sears is, I dont know where the truck is

I would think that craftsman tools provide the tolerances that are sufficient for my purposes.

The US Craftsman stuff is pretty good. Don't sell your stuff short, but if you could get a snapon one ($250-300) you can't go wrong

is there a difference between the US and Canadian Craftsman stuff?

Re: Monday April 19, 2010.......Red rocket, Red rocket..mond - LeNeve - 04-19-2010

Derick Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I actually think craftsman stuff is perfect for home use.
by home use, you mean the occasional home job and minor tinkering on car/motorcycles? I dont plan on tearing down an engine anytime soon, not saying it wont happen

Yes, I think it would work perfect for your situation. If you have a good tool department at sears, they can probly check the calibration for you periodically too.

Pete Nice Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:No, in the overhead cabinet apparently.
Shouldn't they go in the night stand next to the bed?

I don't know, I have never owned a dildo. Up high seems like a good idea though. I don't need the kids running around outside sword fighting with dildos.

How any didlos does she have? You would need at least 3 to outfit all the kids with dildo swords.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Its nice to see you putting thought into this

Re: Monday April 19, 2010.......Red rocket, Red rocket..mond - Derick - 04-19-2010

Brampton Wrote:but if you could get a snapon one ($250-300) you can't go wrong
I'm not spending $300 on a single tool anytime soon. Unless that said tool happens to be a 12" compound sliding miterbox with laser guides. But not for a single wrench. I think the craftsman is around a hundo for the clicky torque wrench, and 20 for the case. of course needing both a ft/lb and an in/lb

Re: Monday April 19, 2010.......Red rocket, Red rocket..mond - yarnasty - 04-19-2010

ok question how are you all replying and it showing the original message???

michaelangelo Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:the really expensive digital one
the kind with two bars?

is there a difference between the US and Canadian Craftsman stuff?[/quote]
The differnce is ridiculous. The US catalog is 20 times the size, they have good professional quality product, plus they sell other professional brands.

yarnasty Wrote:ok question how are you all replying and it showing the original message???
click the Quote button

Re: Monday April 19, 2010.......Red rocket, Red rocket..mond - Brian - 04-19-2010

yarnasty Wrote:ok question how are you all replying and it showing the original message???
Use the "quote" button on the right of everyone's posts.

Re: Monday April 19, 2010.......Red rocket, Red rocket..mond - Pete Nice - 04-19-2010

Click the quote button in the upper right corner of the post you want to quote. You can only have up to 4 quotes in one

click the quote button, but keep in mind you can only have 4 quotes in a single post