Dudebro Nation
Favorite Type of wine - Printable Version

+- Dudebro Nation (https://dudebronation.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Wine & Spirits (https://dudebronation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Wine (https://dudebronation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Favorite Type of wine (/showthread.php?tid=1867)

Pages: 1 2

Favorite Type of wine - Pete Nice - 06-10-2011

OK, I am NOT asking country of origin, vineyard or year. I am asking flat out type only.

1. What do you like better Red or White?

2. Dry or sweet red?

3. Dry or sweet white?

4. Favorite style of red?

5. Favorite style of white?

EDIT: (since JDumb wants to be difficult) Think of it this way, if there was ONLY one choice for the rest of your life and season and food your eating doesn't matter, what would your answers be for the above questions?

Re: Favorite Type of wine - Pete Nice - 06-10-2011

I will start:

1. Red - I just think it has a better wine taste, whites are simpler IMHO and a good red knocks your socks off
2. Dry - I like it all, but prefer the dry for a really good red
3. Sweet - Again, I like it all, but I really enjoy Reisling, and while there are some dryer versions, most are sweet.
4. Cabernet Sauvignon - I have found them to be the reds I seem to really enjoy the most. A red Alsace (very rare) would come in a close second though.
5. Reisling - Just always liked it.

Re: Favorite Type of wine - JDubb - 06-10-2011

1. What do you like better Red or White? Both and you forgot bubbles or blush (pink) wines
2. Dry or sweet red? I tend to lean dry but it has a lot to do with what I am eating with the wine.
3. Dry or sweet white? Either, I enjoy a good Chard or Riesling
4. Favorite style of red? Right now I am leaning towards Rhone blends, Zin's and Spanish Tempranillo. My palate changes with the seasons.
5. Favorite style of white? my favorite white is Viognier or a white CdP. Both are a little bigger, not you porch slammers but great food wines.

JDubb Wrote:1. What do you like better Red or White? Both and you forgot bubbles or blush (pink) wines
2. Dry or sweet red? I tend to lean dry but it has a lot to do with what I am eating with the wine.
4. Favorite style of red? Right now I am leaning towards Rhone blends, Zin's and Spanish Tempranillo. My palate changes with the seasons.
5. Favorite style of white? my favorite white is Viognier or a white CdP. Both are a little bigger, not you porch slammers but great food wines.

You should go into politics b/c you didn't answer a single question with one definitive answer.

And bubbles and blush were left out on purpose......

Re: Favorite Type of wine - LeNeve - 06-10-2011

I only have an answer for the first 3 questions.

I like red better, because it's the only good wine I've ever had. I had some white shitty yellow tail, or barefoot shit, and now forever think all white wines will taste the same.

I don't like sweet things at all. I like the way a dry wine leaves my tongue feeling, and it goes good with steak.
dry white, for the same reason I guess.

LeNeve Wrote:I only have an answer for the first 3 questions.

I like red better, because it's the only good wine I've ever had. I had some white shitty yellow tail, or barefoot shit, and now forever think all white wines will taste the same.

I don't like sweet things at all. I like the way a dry wine leaves my tongue feeling, and it goes good with steak.
dry white, for the same reason I guess.

At least you gave a straight answer unlike Senator JDubb :poke:

Pete Nice Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:1. What do you like better Red or White? Both and you forgot bubbles or blush (pink) wines

You should go into politics b/c you didn't answer a single question with one definitive answer.
But it depends on my mood and if I'm eating with it or just drinking on the deck? If I am eating, what food am I eating?

Pete Nice Wrote:And bubbles and blush were left out on purpose......
What's wrong with bubbles and blush/rose wines? I will be drinking a boat load of roses this summer. I love sparkling wine and I think I would take bubbles over all other wines. It's so versatile and food friendly but champaign is way too expensive to drink daily. There are other great sparkling wines from Italy (procecco) and Spain (cava) that are great lower priced alternatives.

JDubb Wrote:
What's wrong with bubbles and blush/rose wines? I will be drinking a boat load of roses this summer. I love sparkling wine and I think I would take bubbles over all other wines. It's so versatile and food friendly but champaign is way too expensive to drink daily. There are other great sparkling wines from Italy (procecco) and Spain (cava) that are great lower priced alternatives.

It's not part of this discussion, or else every woman would choose bubbles,I am talking red and white.

Rose is kool aid disguised as wine....

Re: Favorite Type of wine - Joe - 06-10-2011

1. What do you like better Red or White?
- Red

2. Dry or sweet red?
- Dry

3. Dry or sweet white?
- Dry although I'm starting to lean towards some more sweet wines like Moscato

4. Favorite style of red?
- I find myself buying a lot of Chamborcin and Merlot. A bunch of Pennsylvania win makers will claim that PA is perfect for producing a Merlot that rivals the french. I read up on it a bit and it seems like a lot of wine pros agree.

5. Favorite style of white?
- I'm a big fan of Chardonay aged in oak.

Favorite Type of wine - JDubb - 06-10-2011

Pete Nice Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:

It's not part of this discussion, or else every woman would choose bubbles,I am talking red and white.

No rose is not kool aid, white zin or white merlot yes.

JDubb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Favorite Type of wine - Hondo - 06-10-2011

Wine is for chicks. Bourbon and scotch are for men.

Favorite Type of wine - JDubb - 06-10-2011

Hondo Wrote:Wine is for chicks. Bourbon and scotch are for men.
I like those too.

JDubb

JDubb Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:

No rose is not kool aid, white zin or white merlot yes.

JDubb

Well to each their own, I prefer real wine, not wine you could give an 8 year old, but I have no issue with other people drinking rose.