Dudebro Nation
11/10/2011....No news vans is good news vans - Printable Version

+- Dudebro Nation (https://dudebronation.com/forum)
+-- Forum: DudeBro Nation (https://dudebronation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Daily Threads (https://dudebronation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: 11/10/2011....No news vans is good news vans (/showthread.php?tid=2102)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Re: 11/10/2011....No news vans is good news vans - Texas Fan - 11-10-2011

wow replay day has really killed the forum.

Re: 11/10/2011....No news vans is good news vans - LeNeve - 11-10-2011

Texas Fan Wrote:wow replay day has really killed the forum.

they always do for some reason.

Re: 11/10/2011....No news vans is good news vans - JDubb - 11-10-2011

Texas Fan Wrote:wow replay day has really killed the forum.
I'm actually surprised we have 9 pages for a replay day.

Wheres Javsto with our daily F,M,K,A :poke:

Re: 11/10/2011....No news vans is good news vans - Pete Nice - 11-10-2011

I wonder if all that Pokes posted is true. I hope not, poor kids, but if it is, it will surpass the catholic church scandal.

They didn't fire McQuery, I think he is more to blame than Paterno, but he didn't get fired. WTF?

Re: 11/10/2011....No news vans is good news vans - Brampton - 11-10-2011

Pete Nice Wrote:I wonder if all that Pokes posted is true. I hope not, poor kids, but if it is, it will surpass the catholic church scandal.

They didn't fire McQuery, I think he is more to blame than Paterno, but he didn't get fired. WTF?
I'd like to know, if this happened while part of the big10 or when they were an independant.

or the amount of offenses that happened when?

which makes me want the NCAA to force all schools to be in a conference, and each conference should be investigating all schools for everything. That way the conference is also held accountable for these sorts of things

Re: 11/10/2011....No news vans is good news vans - Beckster - 11-10-2011

michaelangelo Wrote:it rained here overnight but the rain froze on the ground, so many roads in town are like skating rinks, fuckin miserable to drive on.

I just started sleeting here, but it's light. Welcome to winter. Confusedad: Wish I grabbed a warmer jacket.

Pokes28 Wrote:Howdy folks.

Man, the stuff I'm hearing regarding Ped State... Oops I mean Penn State indicate that this thing is just getting started.

Lets see... By the way, a friend of mine has a friend that is a sports journalist for CNN. That is where this info comes from. Some of it is public, some of it isn't.

1) The entire charity was a front for sexual predators and that many PSU boosters had their own "pay to play" thing going on. The current number of victims is over 80 and growing quickly. There are other faculty members and other people in the athletic department that are considered likely complicit if not participants.
2) The current expected damage from law-suits will completely bankrupt PSU. We are talking Billions of dollars because the severity of what took place and the coverups.
3) There is a chance that the missing/legally dead DA is related to this.
4) The Big 10 is already taking steps for the removal of PSU from their ranks. Led by Indiana and Iowa.
5) Joe Pa still doesn't get it. Sure he did the minimum that he needed to do, however he doesn't fully understand that this wasn't just horsing around, this is rape. My thoughts are that he is so old (same generation as my grandmother) and he was so close to Sandusky that he is having a hard time comprehending the severity of the crime.
6) PSU student riots are proof that they are idiots in this too. Him getting shit canned was the ONLY responsible thing that could happen.
7) They found that Sandusky had a video camera in his basement and investigators are going through the tapes now to identify more victims (that is how they found the last 20+ victims and as of last night still had hundreds of tapes to go through).

This is really bad. I wouldn't be shocked at all if in 5 years PSU is bankrupt, has zero sports programs and is basically a void in the history of college athletics.

If the Big 10 kicks out Penn State, there is a decent chance that they hustle up and try to pull Mizzou before they start playing in the SEC next year or Pitt so they can maintain Pennsylvania footprint. They are both good geographic fits. Pitt would still be on the hook for $25 million to the ACC, but the Big 10 could pay that if this steaming pile forces that move.

It's just awful that they would cover this shit up. His book title must've been him gloating that he was getting away with it all. It's sick.

Re: 11/10/2011....No news vans is good news vans - Chip - 11-10-2011

I've eaten like a pig this week.
BWW, Pei Wei, Thai Food, now 5 Guys...
It's been a good week so far.

Re: 11/10/2011....No news vans is good news vans - Chip - 11-10-2011

beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Pokes28 Wrote:Howdy folks.

Man, the stuff I'm hearing regarding Ped State... Oops I mean Penn State indicate that this thing is just getting started.

Lets see... By the way, a friend of mine has a friend that is a sports journalist for CNN. That is where this info comes from. Some of it is public, some of it isn't.

1) The entire charity was a front for sexual predators and that many PSU boosters had their own "pay to play" thing going on. The current number of victims is over 80 and growing quickly. There are other faculty members and other people in the athletic department that are considered likely complicit if not participants.
2) The current expected damage from law-suits will completely bankrupt PSU. We are talking Billions of dollars because the severity of what took place and the coverups.
3) There is a chance that the missing/legally dead DA is related to this.
4) The Big 10 is already taking steps for the removal of PSU from their ranks. Led by Indiana and Iowa.
5) Joe Pa still doesn't get it. Sure he did the minimum that he needed to do, however he doesn't fully understand that this wasn't just horsing around, this is rape. My thoughts are that he is so old (same generation as my grandmother) and he was so close to Sandusky that he is having a hard time comprehending the severity of the crime.
6) PSU student riots are proof that they are idiots in this too. Him getting shit canned was the ONLY responsible thing that could happen.
7) They found that Sandusky had a video camera in his basement and investigators are going through the tapes now to identify more victims (that is how they found the last 20+ victims and as of last night still had hundreds of tapes to go through).

This is really bad. I wouldn't be shocked at all if in 5 years PSU is bankrupt, has zero sports programs and is basically a void in the history of college athletics.

If the Big 10 kicks out Penn State, there is a decent chance that they hustle up and try to pull Mizzou before they start playing in the SEC next year or Pitt so they can maintain Pennsylvania footprint. They are both good geographic fits. Pitt would still be on the hook for $25 million to the ACC, but the Big 10 could pay that if this steaming pile forces that move.

It's just awful that they would cover this shit up. His book title must've been him gloating that he was getting away with it all. It's sick.

I just heard that on the radio.
If that's true, holy shit.

Re: 11/10/2011....No news vans is good news vans - JDubb - 11-10-2011

Chip Wrote:I've eaten like a pig this week.
Wendy's is taking on 5 Guys
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/10/wendys-fast-casual_n_1085811.html

Chip Wrote:I've eaten like a pig this week.

My little town has a select places to eat, I made bacon wrapped filets for lunch on Monday, Tuesday was Los Charros - Mexican, Wednesday was our local bar and grill place had a salad, today was our pizza place, salad and pizza. Tomorrow prolly gonna be subway. We just lost our seafood place, but supposedly another one is opening in its spot. I am glad cause that would force eating at the same place twice in a week. Confusedad:

Texas Fan Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I've been out of coffee for an hour now.
This sucks.
White guy problems are hard.

I'm thinking of caving and grabbing a bottle of Pepsi. I need the caffeine boost stat. I'm trying to hold off and fight it, but I'm out of hot cocoa.

I stopped drinking sodas and tea, I only drink water and occasionally milk. It took awhile, but I also lost prolly 5-10 pounds cause of it, along with eating healthier.

I've been good, lots of water. Today is just turning into a rough day.. I think it's the cold and the fact that I am fighting a headache.

Chip Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:Good morning Amigo, Contego, Burrito... Bro-mo's!

Morning :yawn:

Hey doofus, it's afternoon.

whatever.

Re: 11/10/2011....No news vans is good news vans - LeNeve - 11-10-2011

ashton kootcher supports tree jumpers too.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/thefamous/ashton-kutcher-makes-idiotic-penn-state-sexual-abuse-144550930.html#more-16166?nc">http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/thefamous/as ... e-16166?nc</a><!-- m -->