Dudebro Nation
Monday December 13, 2010 - Ugh... - Printable Version

+- Dudebro Nation (https://dudebronation.com/forum)
+-- Forum: DudeBro Nation (https://dudebronation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Daily Threads (https://dudebronation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Monday December 13, 2010 - Ugh... (/showthread.php?tid=1406)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Re: Monday December 13, 2010 - Ugh... - Joe - 12-13-2010

beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Joe Wrote:That depressing money conversation has caused everyone to leave the forum and jump from their windows.

The insurance company called... After speaking to them this morning and getting my car set up to get fixed, they NOW decided that they want to send someone out to look at it. Swoot.

You think they'll total it?

Re: Monday December 13, 2010 - Ugh... - Derick - 12-13-2010

apparently john hopkins SOM has a ton of jobs

Re: Monday December 13, 2010 - Ugh... - Beckster - 12-13-2010

Joe Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:Sorry, my father in law didn't make nearly that much money, and raised 4 kids......again I'm getting annoyed with this topic

My dad sure as hell didn't make a ton of money, he sure as hell didn't make over $100k. In fact, he sometimes worked double shifts to make extra. Mom stayed home to raise us and I am one of their 4 kids!!

if I remember correctly my father made no more than 35K a year.

I am not sure what he made, but I would guess it was around $45k? maybe. We didn't drive around in brand new cars or wear designer clothes, either.

Derick Wrote:apparently john hopkins SOM has a ton of jobs

I really wanted to work for them, but the commute would be too much for me from where I live.

Re: Monday December 13, 2010 - Ugh... - michaelangelo - 12-13-2010

it costs quite a bit to live here, i bought a house around 6 years ago with my mom's help and i only had to pay $500 for my mortgage. its a modest house, 1080 sq feet with an attached garage and a small yard, only cost us 172,500. i could sell the house for amost 300,000 now. I don't make a lot of money but my wife is going off maternity leave soon and we have to sacrifice a little without the little income she did bring in.

Re: Monday December 13, 2010 - Ugh... - LeNeve - 12-13-2010

I noticed that people that are in motorcycle gangs don't have to work, and they are always having an awesome adventure. You should join a motorcycle gang. I would if I had a motorcycle.

LeNeve Wrote:

I noticed that people that are in motorcycle gangs don't have to work, and they are always having an awesome adventure. You should join a motorcycle gang. I would if I had a motorcycle.

SOA got to go to Ireland.

Joe Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
Joe Wrote:That depressing money conversation has caused everyone to leave the forum and jump from their windows.

The insurance company called... After speaking to them this morning and getting my car set up to get fixed, they NOW decided that they want to send someone out to look at it. Swoot.

I can't imagine they would. Fuck, I hope not. I'm more afraid that they are going to try to fuck me over and say they aren't going to cover it... especially now that it's in getting looked at. It's not a new car, I only have full coverage on it, because I got it over a year and a half ago and I still owe on it.

beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

I can't imagine they would. Fuck, I hope not. I'm more afraid that they are going to try to fuck me over and say they aren't going to cover it... especially now that it's in getting looked at. It's not a new car, I only have full coverage on it, because I got it over a year and a half ago and I still owe on it.

If you got hit the payment should be coming from the other guy's insurance.

Re: Monday December 13, 2010 - Ugh... - Pete Nice - 12-13-2010

Brampton Wrote:I you can't live like the man making $250k youre an asshole

You can live a very good life in Manhattan for that money.

i've submitted 4 applications for positions here at the hospital

Joe Wrote:

I really wanted to work for them, but the commute would be too much for me from where I live.
wait, the commute is to much for you, but I should live in your spare bedroom and I should commute. Wtf

Derick Wrote:i've submitted 4 applications for positions here at the hospital
there is 1 i am very interested in, its on the floor with all the hot girls. I jsut need to find out who's opening it is and go talk to them

Joe Wrote:
beckster Wrote:You think they'll total it?

If you got hit the payment should be coming from the other guy's insurance.[/quote]

Right, but the last car accident I was in a guy ran a stop sign and hit me. He had no proof of insurance and I had to sue him. It was such a hassle, but I did win the case. The judge told me I did an excellent job making my case. But I never got a dime from that guy, because according to the courthouse "payments are made on the honor system" and I would have to sue him again to try to get the money. It was awful and it has made me paranoid about the whole system of insurance and all that crap.

Derick Wrote:i've submitted 4 applications for positions here at the hospital

Good luck!!!!!!! :pray: