Dudebro Nation
Monday December 13, 2010 - Ugh... - Printable Version

+- Dudebro Nation (https://dudebronation.com/forum)
+-- Forum: DudeBro Nation (https://dudebronation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Daily Threads (https://dudebronation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Monday December 13, 2010 - Ugh... (/showthread.php?tid=1406)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Re: Monday December 13, 2010 - Ugh... - Brampton - 12-13-2010

Sorry, my father in law didn't make nearly that much money, and raised 4 kids......again I'm getting annoyed with this topic

Re: Monday December 13, 2010 - Ugh... - Chip - 12-13-2010

Joe Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Chip Wrote:You can get a crappy one, in a crappy neighborhood, around here for that.
If you want anything decent, it'll cost at least double that.

So what can you get for like $235,000?

http://mikemarygladchun1.point2agent.com/Listing/ViewListingDetails.aspx?ListingID=1002485373&Bb=GB&Cc=1002485373

Holy shit, that's nice.

And I bet that house would have gone for over $500,000 5 years ago.
That was just a quick search.
I bet you could find something similar for under $200,000.
There is a lot of new construction out that way.

Re: Monday December 13, 2010 - Ugh... - Beckster - 12-13-2010

Joe Wrote:Can't you buy a house in middle America for like 30K?

There are townhouses in Detroit for $2 and there were houses in Saginaw for $6 to $30... The bullet holes came free. Many houses for $15K thru $50k

Re: Monday December 13, 2010 - Ugh... - Joe - 12-13-2010

LeNeve Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Comfortable for me would be something like
1) Being able to drive a race car on the weekends
2) Owning a Vineyard
3) Owning a brewery.

I would be very happy, if I made enough money to race cars on the weekend as a hobby. Very very happy.

Dirt track modified or a 410 Sprint would be fine by me.

yeah, that would be perfect.

And it would be sponsored by my brewery

Donginator Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Donginator Wrote:i am under 50K living in the NY Tristate area, buying house or even a condo will never happen for me, I am a renter for life :killme:

damn. That would be like me making 25,000 here. Thats welfare level for me easily. I think I could qualify for welfare as it is, I just don't desperately need it yet.
I have accepted this is my life now. no more vacations/nice dinners/etc... rent my tiny apartment (better than living at home with my parents)

I can't find a new job, been looking for over a year, its really fucking depressing, but thank god I have a good family and great girlfriend, they hold me together

I look for free or next to free activities to keep us entertained. We also have my cousin's cabin that we can rent for $20/night. You can't beat that!

Brampton Wrote:Sorry, my father in law didn't make nearly that much money, and raised 4 kids......again I'm getting annoyed with this topic

My father drove a forklift for a living and my mom worked at Kmart and they had 3 kids.

Joe Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:Sorry, my father in law didn't make nearly that much money, and raised 4 kids......again I'm getting annoyed with this topic

My father drove a forklift for a living and my mom worked at Kmart and they had 3 kids.
but apparently if you don't make $250k a year, you cant raise kids near the city :killme:

Re: Monday December 13, 2010 - Ugh... - NussieT - 12-13-2010

Why are parents paying for kids to go to college? I worked throughout high school, saved money, got a loan went to school and worked my ass off to pay it off. Why can't other kids do the same thing? If parents pay for school they go to college, drink it up and they don't care if they fail because they didn't pay for it.

Joe Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Can't you buy a house in middle America for like 30K?

You can get a crappy one, in a crappy neighborhood, around here for that.
If you want anything decent, it'll cost at least double that.

So what can you get for like $235,000?

A mansion

Christ..... This is depressing. I will never accept anything.

Nussie_T Wrote:Why are parents paying for kids to go to college? I worked throughout high school, saved money, got a loan went to school and worked my ass off to pay it off. Why can't other kids do the same thing? If parents pay for school they go to college, drink it up and they don't care if they fail because they didn't pay for it.
yup.....I paid for college, my brother paid for college. Earned money in the summer and part time in the school year

Re: Monday December 13, 2010 - Ugh... - NussieT - 12-13-2010

beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I look for free or next to free activities to keep us entertained. We also have my cousin's cabin that we can rent for $20/night. You can't beat that!

You rent a cousin's cabin? Seriously?? Your own family charges you to stay??

Nussie_T Wrote:Why are parents paying for kids to go to college? I worked throughout high school, saved money, got a loan went to school and worked my ass off to pay it off. Why can't other kids do the same thing? If parents pay for school they go to college, drink it up and they don't care if they fail because they didn't pay for it.

Kids are pussies. There was no way in hell my parents could give me money to go to college, but I found the right jobs that paid reimbursment and managed to get enough of an education to get a job.

Nussie_T Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:I look for free or next to free activities to keep us entertained. We also have my cousin's cabin that we can rent for $20/night. You can't beat that!

You rent a cousin's cabin? Seriously?? Your own family charges you to stay??
gotta make the money.....dolla dolla bill ya'll!

I'm annoyed now......gonna go for a walk with my wife.....later ya'lls :cya: