Dudebro Nation
Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon - Printable Version

+- Dudebro Nation (https://dudebronation.com/forum)
+-- Forum: DudeBro Nation (https://dudebronation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Daily Threads (https://dudebronation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon (/showthread.php?tid=2212)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Re: Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon - LeNeve - 01-23-2012

I hung about 100 feet of overhead powerline to my little house yesterday. Is that okay for homeowners to do?

I put an outdoor outlet on my house too. I think I am allowed to do that myself. Just not sure about the powerline.

Re: Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon - Brian - 01-23-2012

LeNeve Wrote:I hung about 100 feet of overhead powerline to my little house yesterday. Is that okay for homeowners to do?

I put an outdoor outlet on my house too. I think I am allowed to do that myself. Just not sure about the powerline.
You can do anything you want, just don't get caught.

Re: Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon - Derick - 01-23-2012

LeNeve Wrote:I hung about 100 feet of overhead powerline to my little house yesterday. Is that okay for homeowners to do?

where did this powerline come from? The outdoor box is fine, jsut make sure its a GFI in a outdoor sealed box. Also you should have the the cable in conduit unless you just cut a hole in your house and the wire is on the inside

MattInMinnesota Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:Am I the only one who likes driving in the snow?

no. I love it. actually love it.
You should move to Alaska, I hear the snow driving is great there.

I would live in alaska.

Brian Wrote:

You can do anything you want, just don't get caught.

ts what I'm saying. Looks all natural, like it's always been there.

Re: Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon - javsto - 01-23-2012

My dragon will eat your dragon

[Image: 392024_10150436078499858_152083869857_85...3861_n.jpg]

Javsto, that's not a good F, M, K.

Derick Wrote:

where did this powerline come from? The outdoor box is fine, jsut make sure its a GFI in a outdoor sealed box. Also you should have the the cable in conduit unless you just cut a hole in your house and the wire is on the inside

it's basic residential wiring. It's not super power. just so I can temporarily have electricity, instead of dragging a bunch of extension cables around all the time. It's not even hard wired into anything. I plug it in to the newly installed outlet when needed. Which is on it's own 20amp circuit.

So I guess, basically it's just an extension cord I twisted around a cable, and attached from house to house.

the electrical outlet does have conduit to it. I didn't have a GFCI cover so I put a regular 20 amp outlet.

LeNeve Wrote:
Derick Wrote:

it's basic residential wiring. It's not super power. just so I can temporarily have electricity, instead of dragging a bunch of extension cables around all the time. It's not even hard wired into anything. I plug it in to the newly installed outlet when needed. Which is on it's own 20amp circuit.

So I guess, basically it's just an extension cord I twisted around a cable, and attached from house to house.

the electrical outlet does have conduit to it. I didn't have a GFCI cover so I put a regular 20 amp outlet.
Is the 20 amp breaker a GFCI?

Re: Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon - Beckster - 01-23-2012

Brampton Wrote:must be snowing somewhere......people are whining about it on facebook and twitter. Confusedlap:

Not here, just rain.

Brampton Wrote:Am I the only one who likes driving in the snow?

I don't mind it. I hate ice.

and home depot has an app. so I'll be broke soon most likely.

Re: Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon - JDubb - 01-23-2012

The Super Bowl is going to suck, i"m not sure I'm even going to watch. I don't give a Funk or a Wagnall about either team other than I don't like the Giants. Also I realize yesterday I have far too many Giants fans as Facebook friends. I may have to start unfriending them...

I thought the Giant's Niners game was awful. I thought both teams played terrible (3 and out followed by another 3 and out) so I think Brady and the Pat's end up with another ring.

Brian Wrote:Javsto, that's not a good F, M, K.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Re: Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon - Brampton - 01-23-2012

beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:must be snowing somewhere......people are whining about it on facebook and twitter. Confusedlap:

Not here, just rain.
rain here to, doesn't bother me