Dudebro Nation
Wedenseday July 28 2010...Bloody Good Show Chaps - Printable Version

+- Dudebro Nation (https://dudebronation.com/forum)
+-- Forum: DudeBro Nation (https://dudebronation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Daily Threads (https://dudebronation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Wedenseday July 28 2010...Bloody Good Show Chaps (/showthread.php?tid=1012)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Re: Wedenseday July 28 2010...Bloody Good Show Chaps - Iva13 - 07-28-2010

Pete does your wife work? If so, what does she do?

Re: Wedenseday July 28 2010...Bloody Good Show Chaps - Joe - 07-28-2010

Pete Nice Wrote:Americans work to hard and don't enjoy life enough. In Europe, almost any decent job starts with a months vacation. They work 40 hours a week, no more, and leave work at work, and make as much or more than we do. Here, a lot of places start with only a weeks vacation now, 2 weeks after 2 years and 3 weeks normally doesn't hit until 5, or more likely 10 years service. We work weekends, take work home with us and put in massive overtime, all to scrape by. I need to learn more languages and move to fucking Europe. My friends in Europe my age are all off having fun all the time while I slave to live the "American Dream".

I'd move to Europe just to avoid being on call every 2 to 3 weeks.

Re: Wedenseday July 28 2010...Bloody Good Show Chaps - Pete Nice - 07-28-2010

Iva13 Wrote:Pete does your wife work? If so, what does she do?

She is a waitress at the Radisson Hotel near our house. She works in the restaurant there. She makes pennies there though. Maybe $25k a year at the most. Enough to buy her clothes and pitch in for the groceries and utilities. She will graduate from Pitt in December with a finance degree and a 3.5 GPA, so hopefully she can get a job within a few months paying at least $40K.

This hit and run on my car just cost me over $1200 and I still am paying on two cars myself and had to raise my insurance to cover other people's stupidity, so that went up $50 a month. We are trying to redo a ton of shit at our house and buy appliances. Also my wife insists on going on trips to NYC and the beach every year. My Steeler away trip I take with my friends every year is going to be the most expensive ever this year also. New Orleans is looking to cost us about $1500 or more each for 5 days 4 nights, WAAAY more than ever before. Also, we are trying desperately not to use credit cards for anything, cash only. We want to pay our credit card debt off, not get more, so we are sending more to that. I also have had one raise in 5 years, and it was minuscule, and with me not traveling as often, I actually make less money.

Money is just real tight right now. In the next 8 months hopefully I will get a raise, my wife will graduate and get a job that pays close to double, my Saturn will be paid off and I will have my tax return. If that all happens, 2011 will be a much better financial year.

Re: Wedenseday July 28 2010...Bloody Good Show Chaps - Beckster - 07-28-2010

Joe In PA Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:I know I'm doing the job of 4 people. Most nights I wind up going home from work and working on what I couldn't finish during the day until I go to bed.

Me too. I go home and do more work on reports and stuff, when I am not wasting time on DBN.

I'm getting so backed up that at times I forget what exactly it is that I'm working on at the moment. I'm slowly burning out.

I'm right there with you! I have so much to do and several people asking me to do a ton of other stuff that I am bouncing all over trying to take care of everything. I need a fucking vacation from this hell.

Of course when she graduates she will have $30k in student loans and wants to get a brand new Nissan. I want her to drive her current car until the fucking thing falls apart, since it is paid off. She sees all her friends getting new cars and wants one also, not realizing they live in apartments and have 1/3 the costs we do. There is no talking her out of it at this point.

Pete Nice Wrote:

She is a waitress at the Radisson Hotel near our house. She works in the restaurant there. She makes pennies there though. Maybe $25k a year at the most. Enough to buy her clothes and pitch in for the groceries and utilities. She will graduate from Pitt in December with a finance degree and a 3.5 GPA, so hopefully she can get a job within a few months paying at least $40K.

This hit and run on my car just cost me over $1200 and I still am paying on two cars myself and had to raise my insurance to cover other people's stupidity, so that went up $50 a month. We are trying to redo a ton of shit at our house and buy appliances. Also my wife insists on going on trips to NYC and the beach every year. My Steeler away trip I take with my friends every year is going to be the most expensive ever this year also. New Orleans is looking to cost us about $1500 or more each for 5 days 4 nights, WAAAY more than ever before. Also, we are trying desperately not to use credit cards for anything, cash only. We want to pay our credit card debt off, not get more, so we are sending more to that. I also have had one raise in 5 years, and it was minuscule, and with me not traveling as often, I actually make less money.

Money is just real tight right now. In the next 8 months hopefully I will get a raise, my wife will graduate and get a job that pays close to double, my Saturn will be paid off and I will have my tax return. If that all happens, 2011 will be a much better financial year.
I haven't gone on vacation since the 7th grade.......

Pete Nice Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I'm a mess. I need a haircut BAD. I need to shave. I need to shower. I need to lose 20 pounds. I need to get less busy so I can get my shit together. When I get back to my hotel in a few hours I am going to shit shave shower like it's 7:30AM and then go get some wings at Duff's, the original Buffalo chicken wing place in B-Lo. Airhej is busy this week, so no man date for us. I think Friday night I am gonna venture up to Niagara Falls and go to the Brazilian BBQ up there if anyone wants to make the hour trip down from Milton to join me.....

Lame

Brazilian BBQ's are lame? For a woman who loves meat as much as you do, and I mean that in more than one way, I would think you would be all about a good Brazilian BBQ.

BBQs are awesome. You are Lame

Big Grin

Pete Nice Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I'm a mess. I need a haircut BAD. I need to shave. I need to shower. I need to lose 20 pounds. I need to get less busy so I can get my shit together. When I get back to my hotel in a few hours I am going to shit shave shower like it's 7:30AM and then go get some wings at Duff's, the original Buffalo chicken wing place in B-Lo. Airhej is busy this week, so no man date for us. I think Friday night I am gonna venture up to Niagara Falls and go to the Brazilian BBQ up there if anyone wants to make the hour trip down from Milton to join me.....

Lame

Brazilian BBQ's are lame? For a woman who loves meat as much as you do, and I mean that in more than one way, I would think you would be all about a good Brazilian BBQ.

BBQs are awesome. You are Lame

Big Grin

YOu would change your tune if I was railing that ass from behind like a champ.

Pete Nice Wrote:YOu would change your tune if I was railing that ass from behind like a champ.

Confusedhock: Now that's getting personal.

Joe In PA Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

I haven't gone on vacation since the 7th grade.......

I was telling my wife the other night that vacations are more work that relaxing. We go to New York City and spend 5 days running around the city trying to do shit. Everyday we get back to the hotel at night exhausted with sore feet. When we were up there for 5 days for the DBC, we only had sex twice and anal only once!!!!!! And not a hummer to be seen!!!!! We were just to busy and tired.

Joe In PA Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:YOu would change your tune if I was railing that ass from behind like a champ.

Confusedhock: Now that's getting personal.

It made me laugh though. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Pete Nice Wrote:Americans work to hard and don't enjoy life enough. In Europe, almost any decent job starts with a months vacation. They work 40 hours a week, no more, and leave work at work, and make as much or more than we do. Here, a lot of places start with only a weeks vacation now, 2 weeks after 2 years and 3 weeks normally doesn't hit until 5, or more likely 10 years service. We work weekends, take work home with us and put in massive overtime, all to scrape by. I need to learn more languages and move to fucking Europe. My friends in Europe my age are all off having fun all the time while I slave to live the "American Dream".

Very true. We have to put in 3 years to get our second week. Currently the production employees are working 70 hours +... They finally decided to add another shift to ease the load for the already over-worked people. This madness will continue through October. And I get to do ALL of the paperwork behind it all. I offered to work the weekends, but I am doing 10 hours days and am seriously thinking of taking stuff home just to get caught up. Meanwhile, my "superiors" have screwed up a bunch of stuff this week, so now I have even more setbacks to contend with. Yesterday, i got yelled at for the employee's attendance records... which I revised 4 times... Why? Because the nimrod in charge of our temps had given me a ton of incorrect information. I pointed that out to the manager hollering at me and shut her up, too. :rant:

I am glad we are going to Ocean City, MD for a mini week. We will sleep in, lay on the beach, eat diner and drink. Nothing more. Maybe jetski or parasail. Probably spend a few hours on the boardwalk. That's it, just relax and charge the batteries.

We need two weeks straight of that though, not just 4 days.

You wouldn't be able to control me to get that far....

Re: Wedenseday July 28 2010...Bloody Good Show Chaps - Iva13 - 07-28-2010

Pete Nice Wrote:I am glad we are going to Ocean City, MD for a mini week. We will sleep in, lay on the beach, eat diner and drink. Nothing more. Maybe jetski or parasail. Probably spend a few hours on the boardwalk. That's it, just relax and charge the batteries.

We need two weeks straight of that though, not just 4 days.

That sounds exactly what you need. I thought of doing a boat trip, etc....but we just ended up beach, pool, eat, relax. It will do you good to get away even if only for a few days. It worked for me Big Grin