Dudebro Nation
Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon - Printable Version

+- Dudebro Nation (https://dudebronation.com/forum)
+-- Forum: DudeBro Nation (https://dudebronation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Daily Threads (https://dudebronation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon (/showthread.php?tid=2212)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Re: Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon - LeNeve - 01-23-2012

Donginator was totally rocking a the outq gay 108 signature for awhile. :roflmao: :roflmao:

Re: Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon - Brian - 01-23-2012

Brampton Wrote:if yoga is only for working their core.....then why did they invent yoga pants?
That's for working our core, nam sayin'!!

Re: Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon - Derick - 01-23-2012

Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Being an auto mechanic sounds like a fun job to me. I would do that if I knew how.

it's not to bad. the guys that hate it are the people that don't really know what they are doing.
or they are flat rate technicians who get jerked around by the management Confusedad:

Yeah, I would probably want top like LeNeve, with benefits.
thats another job catagory

Re: Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon - Brampton - 01-23-2012

Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Being an auto mechanic sounds like a fun job to me. I would do that if I knew how.

it's not to bad. the guys that hate it are the people that don't really know what they are doing.
or they are flat rate technicians who get jerked around by the management Confusedad:

Yeah, I would probably want top be like LeNeve, full time hourly with benefits.
Yup. VW is set up for salary, and we are the only province with flat rate.

So that's why we get F'd on our pay

sent from the legion of doom

you glue wood together and make a square cube. put it on the lathe, and use different carving tools, until it looks like a bowl. I wanted to make a baseball bat instead. I was denied. my mom got a useless wood bowl for mother day.

Re: Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon - Donginator - 01-23-2012

LeNeve Wrote:Donginator was totally rocking a the outq gay 108 signature for awhile. :roflmao: :roflmao:
:high5: haha that sucked, I had no clue

Brian Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:if yoga is only for working their core.....then why did they invent yoga pants?
That's for working our core, nam sayin'!!
:grin:

Re: Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon - Pete Nice - 01-23-2012

Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Why are tools so expensive? I understand you have to pay for the quality stuff, but it still seems like they are marked up at like 1000% profit to me. It can't take that much to make as the expense is to buy. To me it is kind of like the inflation on medical costs in the US, pure profit and marked up way more than it should be.
I'm sure the stuff you use for surveilence isn't cheap...right?

but because it is a limited market, the price will go up. Supply and demand.

Actually I can get most of what I need cheap. The only real expenses are video camera, which my company bought for me, and a laptop, which I would have anyway. Most everything else is paid for by the company, recorders, batteries, converters, all expensed to my company. I do buy some stuff on my own to play around with, but I can not remember paying over $100 for anything, in fact only over $50 a few times.

I just feel they are ripping mechanics off and I do not agree with it.

Brian Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brian Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Why are tools so expensive? I understand you have to pay for the quality stuff, but it still seems like they are marked up at like 1000% profit to me. It can't take that much to make as the expense is to buy. To me it is kind of like the inflation on medical costs in the US, pure profit and marked up way more than it should be.
It's a conspiracy. Contractors are in with the tool companies. Inflated tool costs sway people not to DIY so they hire contractors instead.

I feel that they know mechanics need to buy them, so they mark up the good shit and basically say "fuck you, you have to buy them anyway"
I was just kidding......I agree with you.

Actually, I agree with what you said also.

Re: Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon - Derick - 01-23-2012

Pete Nice Wrote:
Brian Wrote:I was just kidding......I agree with you.

you 2 need a moment to give each other reach arounds?

Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

Actually I can get most of what I need cheap. The only real expenses are video camera, which my company bought for me, and a laptop, which I would have anyway. Most everything else is paid for by the company, recorders, batteries, converters, all expensed to my company. I do buy some stuff on my own to play around with, but I can not remember paying over $100 for anything, in fact only over $50 a few times.

It sucks, but its part of the business. I have probably $50k of toolbox and tools and I still have to buy stuff.

Its something you know before you get into the trade

LeNeve Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:

I think I would really like it, and when I do something, I always do it the best possible, so I would make sure I knew what I was doing.

I also think it is a job with HUGE potential to make side money doing shit at discounted prices for friends and family, yet still a good enough price to make really good side cash.

yeah, the side money is there. I get it all the time, don't even really solicitate either. I'd be a busy mofo , if I wanted too.

I love when people come to me with side work, I think it is fun, and like working for myself better than the shit I have to put up with from my employer, although I do have about $1k in outstanding bills right now people owe me for work I have done, it is much harder collecting on your own...

Re: Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon - Brian - 01-23-2012

Derick Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brian Wrote:I was just kidding......I agree with you.

you 2 need a moment to give each other reach arounds?
No, I'm good.

:high5:

Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

I agree. Confusedad: I'm probaly sitting next to 20k or more right now. just so I can make money.