Dudebro Nation
Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon - Printable Version

+- Dudebro Nation (https://dudebronation.com/forum)
+-- Forum: DudeBro Nation (https://dudebronation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Daily Threads (https://dudebronation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon (/showthread.php?tid=2212)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Re: Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon - Brian - 01-23-2012

Derick Wrote:
Brian Wrote:
Derick Wrote:you cant hang a table saw on a peg board. But if your looking for one. My step dad has a parter cable?, think spins crazy fast with a think steel table. Takes about 3 people to move it
You haven't seen my peg board :wink: Porter Cable is a good brand, sounds a little bigger than I need though.
it might be a Jet also, looks closer to one of those. Unless you need a $2000 table saw, its probably more than you need
Definitely

Re: Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon - Pete Nice - 01-23-2012

My dad is a Yankees. Eagles and Steelers and Penn State fan, I picked up 50% of his teams and absolutely HATE the other 50%. The good thing is I got to see some cool ass games as a result of him being a Penn St alumni. In the 80's I went to like 2 Penn State home games a year, including all the Pitt games and a few other good ones. I also when to the National Championship game at the Orange Bowl when the Brian Bosworth Oklahoma team beat Penn State's ass, one of hte greatest days of my younger life.

Re: Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon - LeNeve - 01-23-2012

I have some business cards from another place I worked, and they had fax number, on them. Think I have the box of them in my old tool box.

Re: Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon - Derick - 01-23-2012

Brian Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
Brian Wrote:
Derick Wrote:you cant hang a table saw on a peg board. But if your looking for one. My step dad has a parter cable?, think spins crazy fast with a think steel table. Takes about 3 people to move it
You haven't seen my peg board :wink: Porter Cable is a good brand, sounds a little bigger than I need though.
it might be a Jet also, looks closer to one of those. Unless you need a $2000 table saw, its probably more than you need
Definitely
he does a ton of furniture making in his spare time

LeNeve Wrote:I have some business cards from another place I worked, and they had fax number, on them. Think I have the box of them in my old tool box.
wow. fax. awesome story

LeNeve Wrote:I have some business cards from another place I worked, and they had fax number, on them. Think I have the box of them in my old tool box.

I keep all my old business cards. I try to keep 10 for records of each place and then use the other old ones to write notes and to do lists and stuff like that.

Being an auto mechanic sounds like a fun job to me. I would do that if I knew how.

Furniture making takes way more patience than I have now. I made a pretty sweet gun cabinet out of oak in high school though. smooth as glass. Shop teacher made you sand that shit with paper bags.

Pete Nice Wrote:Being an auto mechanic sounds like a fun job to me. I would do that if I knew how.
anybody can take shit apart, but knowing how to put it back together is where the knowledge comes in

Derick Wrote:
wow. fax. awesome story

yep. thats how dated they are. 7 years ago.

i have to pee, but not sure i can take myself away from the riveting IST

Pete Nice Wrote:Being an auto mechanic sounds like a fun job to me. I would do that if I knew how.

it's not to bad. the guys that hate it are the people that don't really know what they are doing.

Why are tools so expensive? I understand you have to pay for the quality stuff, but it still seems like they are marked up at like 1000% profit to me. It can't take that much to make as the expense is to buy. To me it is kind of like the inflation on medical costs in the US, pure profit and marked up way more than it should be.

Re: Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon - Brian - 01-23-2012

LeNeve Wrote:Furniture making takes way more patience than I have now. I made a pretty sweet gun cabinet out of oak in high school though. smooth as glass. Shop teacher made you sand that shit with paper bags.
I can handle regular home renovation stuff, but I can't do furniture either.

LeNeve Wrote:

it's not to bad. the guys that hate it are the people that don't really know what they are doing.

I think I would really like it, and when I do something, I always do it the best possible, so I would make sure I knew what I was doing.

I also think it is a job with HUGE potential to make side money doing shit at discounted prices for friends and family, yet still a good enough price to make really good side cash.