Dudebro Nation
Wedenseday July 28 2010...Bloody Good Show Chaps - Printable Version

+- Dudebro Nation (https://dudebronation.com/forum)
+-- Forum: DudeBro Nation (https://dudebronation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Daily Threads (https://dudebronation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Wedenseday July 28 2010...Bloody Good Show Chaps (/showthread.php?tid=1012)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Re: Wedenseday July 28 2010...Bloody Good Show Chaps - LeNeve - 07-28-2010

JDubb Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Iva13 Wrote:Is that an East Coast thing???? To go get a bushel of crabs put down newspaper and just go at them??? You pull the little thing on the bottom and rip it off then clean out the crap and then find the big piece of Jumbo lump crab...it's more of an event...sit around and eat crabs.

We do that with corn in the summer. Go pick a bunch of sweet corn, then sit around boil it, and drink beer and eat it. I'm pretty sure it is a midwest thing.

It is, my in-laws used to do that all the time. I thought is was strange.

It is strange.

Re: Wedenseday July 28 2010...Bloody Good Show Chaps - Iva13 - 07-28-2010

Never did the corn thing....that's funny!!but it sounds good...how do you cook the corn??? boil or on the grill?

Re: Wedenseday July 28 2010...Bloody Good Show Chaps - Beckster - 07-28-2010

Iva13 Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:
Iva13 Wrote:Is that an East Coast thing???? To go get a bushel of crabs put down newspaper and just go at them??? You pull the little thing on the bottom and rip it off then clean out the crap and then find the big piece of Jumbo lump crab...it's more of an event...sit around and eat crabs.

There aren't many fresh crabs in Minnesota. Confusedwoot:

That sucks...I can't imagine a summer w/o doing crabs a couple of times...you have to "learn" how to clean them, so it's fun to turn people onto them. You can sit there for a couple of hours just picking....darn, now I want crabs!!!!!

No thanks.. Ewwww

Pete Nice Wrote:If you like crabs and don't live near Alaska or the Chesapeake Bay area, go to Joe's Crab Shack, their stuff is actually pretty damn good, especially for a chain. Get one of the pots.

I don't even live close to Joe's crab shack.

Re: Wedenseday July 28 2010...Bloody Good Show Chaps - JDubb - 07-28-2010

Pete Nice Wrote:If you like crabs and don't live near Alaska or the Chesapeake Bay area, go to Joe's Crab Shack, their stuff is actually pretty damn good, especially for a chain. Get one of the pots.

We have one close, I've been wanting to check it out but haven't got there yet. I used to visit reletives in Va/DC area almost every summer when I was a kid and my in-laws lived in Pa for a while so I know all about the Chesapeake/Maryland crabs.

Re: Wedenseday July 28 2010...Bloody Good Show Chaps - Pete Nice - 07-28-2010

Iva13 Wrote:Never did the corn thing....that's funny!!but it sounds good...how do you cook the corn??? boil or on the grill?

What about a clam bake, those rule also. Dig a pit in the yard and put a fire down there, boil those suckers up underground.

The best would be a clam back while also boiling some crabs, shrimp and corn. Then just feasting the rest of the day.

Damn, that is a motherfucking party!!!

Iva13 Wrote:Never did the corn thing....that's funny!!but it sounds good...how do you cook the corn??? boil or on the grill?

Boil it in huge big pots. There is usually a couple pick ups full of corn. Then pack alot of it away and freeze it for the win ter I guess. 20 or more people most times. Big party.

Pete Nice Wrote:

What about a clam bake, those rule also. Dig a pit in the yard and put a fire down there, boil those suckers up underground.

The best would be a clam back while also boiling some crabs, shrimp and corn. Then just feasting the rest of the day.

Hell, yes. That would be epic.

Re: Wedenseday July 28 2010...Bloody Good Show Chaps - Iva13 - 07-28-2010

Pete Nice Wrote:

YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pete that sounds PERFECT!!!!!!!!

Re: Wedenseday July 28 2010...Bloody Good Show Chaps - Pete Nice - 07-28-2010

LeNeve Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

I think this might be the plan when the first annual dudebro olympics comes to Pittsburgh......Crabs, Clams, Shrimp and Corn. A keg of good beer.

Iva13 Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pete that sounds PERFECT!!!!!!!!

:high5:

Rich brought up better points on Cocktails with Patrick than he did here.

Re: Wedenseday July 28 2010...Bloody Good Show Chaps - Brian - 07-28-2010

Pete Nice Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

I think this might be the plan when the first annual dudebro olympics comes to Pittsburgh......Crabs, Clams, Shrimp and Corn. A keg of good beer.
:high5: And pie for dessert.

Rich is talking about what I used to call, "Spin the dumb guy." Rich is a classic textbook example.

JDubb Wrote:Rich is talking about what I used to call, "Spin the dumb guy." Rich is a classic textbook example.
yep