Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Maxim Subscription
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am currently looking over my magazine subscriptions. My Sports Illustrated is ending this month and I am not renewing it. I only got it in the first place b/c I wanted the Steelers Super Bowl pack. It is really not a good magazine anymore.

I currently get:

1. Playboy - I will maintain this b/c I have over 80% of all monthly issues ever published. It's only like $20 a year.

2. ESPN the magazine - Terrible magazine, but comes free with an ESPN.com insider subscription. I really like ESPN.com's layout and the insider stuff is really top notch. So I will be getting this for a long time.

3. Army Times - more of a newspaper. I have a free lifetime subscription, so nothing to really talk about here.

I wouldn't mind getting Soldier of Fortune, but probably won't.

That leaves Maxim. Do I renew it when it runs up?

Pro's: They still put hot chicks, some good advise and decent stories in the magazine.

Con's: The magazine is smaller than ever. Most pictorials are 4 pages max. C&R are no longer associated with the brand, nor is Sirius. Even free, is it really worth the time to read it and the paper to print it anymore? Would it not be easier to just check out their website once a week?

So what say you all? Should I keep it or cancel it?
Do you still get Maxim? Are you going to renew?
What magazines do you still get?

There was a point in the late 90's, where I got something like 15 magazines a month. Those days are LOOOOONG over. I looks to be down to 2 and a newspaper soon, and only 1 that actual magazine that I give a shit about.
Have only because it's free. Wouldn't pay for it at all. Truth be told I liked my free sub to FHM a LOT better.

Free...yeah keep it. Otherwise DX it.
I currently get Maxim, but once it runs out I won't be renewing.
you can almost always find a free maxim subscription.. i don't think i ever paid for it
Free maxim subscription is the perfect partner for dropping deuces .
LeNeve Wrote:Free maxim subscription is the perfect partner for dropping deuces .

I take my laptop in when I need to drop a deuce.
Pete Nice Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:Free maxim subscription is the perfect partner for dropping deuces .

Confusedhock: TMI
Nussie_T Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

I'll bet that will be the norm in 10 yrs.
who still buys magazines? :poke:

Maxim sucks now, especially now that I'm a little older. I find most of those mags suck anyways, cause they don't offer anything you cant get for free off the internet.

I have golf digest till the plan runs out, and i don't see myself getting another subscription to anything anytime soon
the keifer Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

I'll bet that will be the norm in 10 yrs.

Oh I am sure it is now... Jimbo is terrible for texting while taking a deuce... I always get the "Guess what I am doing" text...
The last magazine subscription I had was MotorTrend, and I cancelled that a couple years ago when I realized I read all the stuff on their website before I get around to looking at the actual magazine.
I have never subscribed to a magazine that I actually paid for. I used to get those Game Informer magazines because they were a free subscription when you bought a discount card at Game Stop. I think i got the magazines for 2 years and maybe read like 2 of them.

Stuff was a good magazine though.
When I was little I got Nintendo Power.
I kinda wish I still had them, I had from issue 1 on.
I let my Maxim sub run out. I let most of my mag subscripts run out. I just wasn't reading them. I am getting US Weekly for free right now... Which I need to find out when the free time ends, so I can cancel that. Jim-butt keeps stealing it, so I don't get to read it even. He let his Rolling stone mag run out, too.
I was getting Rolling Stone for free until recently also. And my wife was getting I think Vanity Fair, for free. They are both over now.
Pages: 1 2