Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Lebron, cool move or selfish to announce plans on ESPN?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do you guys think Lebron deciding to announce his future team live on ESPN is a cool move by a guy just riding the tails of his success and popularity... Or, a selfish act being that the countless other great free agents barely got twice as much publicity.
Let me put this in perspective;

Kobe did this type of shit in 04 I believe (not to this extent), and everybody hated/hates him for it...........LeBron has taken this whole situation to a new douche level.
This is one of the most selfish displays I have ever seen by a pro athlete, just sign the contract, cause people are losing interest in you "King James"...........And that is another thing, he gave himself his own nickname.....what kind of dickhead does that shit!
Eh, I hate basketball, and my first thought is to just say that he's being a douche. But, can you really blame him for taking all the publicity he can get? He is marketing himself, and the more popular he is, the more money he gets. (In my best Austin Powers voice) Yay capitalism! Is it his fault that people seem to care enough? He must be doing something right for people to care that much more about him then everyone else.

To use a horribly stupid line, don't hate the player, hate the game.
He's just doing it better then everyone else.
LeBron didnt put this on himself. Blame ESPN for following his every move. Who was it that televised his HighSchool games? Who was it that put a reporter outside the office of every city he met with. Plus all the dollars raised are going toward charity, cause he doesnt want it.
He's going to the Nicks...whatever that means...Diddy tweeted that he saw him leaving the owner's house who lives next door to him....
Iva13 Wrote:He's going to the Nicks...whatever that means...Diddy tweeted that he saw him leaving the owner's house who lives next door to him....
really the owner of the nicks lives next to dicky. :bullshit:
Well, Deadspin doesn't like Lebron...

http://deadspin.com/5581889/lebron-james...cocksucker
It's a cool move if he picks the Bulls...

No really, it is douchie, but I blame ESPN for hyping the shit out of the NBA, which, IMHO, has less followers than the NHL these days.

Lebron did do a cool thing by donating the money ESPN wanted to give him for the special to charity, you have to appreciate that.
BTW if Lebron goes to the Knicks, I will never watch n NBA game again unless the Bulls make the finals. The Knicks are a joke and will be even with Lebron. If he goes there, it will ONLY be for the money. Not hte salary but the marketing NYC money. He will never win a title in New York, I George Fucking Foreman GuaranTEE that shit!!!
Derick Wrote:
Iva13 Wrote:He's going to the Nicks...whatever that means...Diddy tweeted that he saw him leaving the owner's house who lives next door to him....

Derick not DICKY.......DIDDY as in P Diddy !!!!!! your mind reads what you what too...you have a dirty mind Smile ;-)
Iva13 Wrote:
Derick Wrote:

Derick not DICKY.......DIDDY as in P Diddy !!!!!! your mind reads what you what too...you have a dirty mind Smile ;-)

Everytime I hear "P Diddy", I think of his kids names from South Park

P-Diddy Mini, P-Poofy Bite-Size, and Poppa-Diddy Diddy Puff Fun-Size.
He is going to Miami and he is having a big party at the Clevlander in South Beach Miami....I'm tellin ya.
Iva13 Wrote:He is going to Miami and he is having a big party at the Clevlander in South Beach Miami....I'm tellin ya.
wait. above you said he was going to NY

I didnt give a fuck about the NBA before, and I still dont give a fuck
Lebron is going to Miami... Whoopity-doo-doo
Derick Wrote:I didnt give a fuck about the NBA before, and I still dont give a fuck
Indifference five :high5:
Pages: 1 2