Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Key teeth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When you unlock the door to your home, which way does your key teeth point?
Up or down?

Teeth up

[Image: istockphoto_513863-vector-house-key.jpg]
Or
Teeth down

[Image: KW1.gif]
is this supposed to be a poll?

mine are up
definitely teeth up, whenever i see a lock with teeth down, i think that's wrong
My girl's door lock is set to have the key teeth down and all my life I've had locks that needed the teeth to be up. I always get denied when I put the key in the wrong way (habit).
Who and why does anyone have key teeth down? Isn't that technically backwards?
Up at home. When I see down in a building I think that the lock was installed the wrong way.
Pete Nice Wrote:lock was installed the wrong way.
This
Too bad I can't vote for both. The knobs are down and the deadbolt is up.
The ones on my house and attached garage are teeth up but the contractor that built our detached garage put it teeth down but only on the deadbolt.
I actually have no idea. I use my garage door so much that I don't even know when the last time I used my keys were.
All of the locks here at work are sideways.. which makes sense because this company does everything ass backwards.
My doors have side handles so the key slot is to the side... Big Grin
[Image: p817858956-5.jpg]
JDubb Wrote:My doors have side handles so the key slot is to the side... Big Grin
[Image: p817858956-5.jpg]
Fancy
Teeth up on the dead-bolt and teeth down on the door knob. But I never lock my doors so I never really paid attention.
Brian in NY Wrote:Teeth up on the dead-bolt and teeth down on the door knob. But I never lock my doors so I never really paid attention.

so where do you live exactly?
I'd be wary of any lock with the pins in any other direction than up. It makes using a bump key a lot easier because of gravity.
Pages: 1 2